Twenties

Hi everyone :)) How are you all??

So...I know I promised I'd write the ABO oneshot first, but... I just watched SEVENTEEN's new teaser today for their repackaged album, and just read an MPreg story.

I felt kinda emotional, like...I love this group so much, it's almost unfair. They're the first group that makes me feel like buying their album actually counts for something, and I support them wholeheartedly, whether by watching their videos or pre-ordering their new album.

I had this moment where I wondered: I love them so much, and I wonder if we can be like SHINHWA fans, whose favourite group has stayed together for years?

I know that as a 13-member group, the likelihood of them being together for a long time sounds very...far-fetched, but if SHINHWA did it, why not SEVENTEEN, right? And with them being under a smaller-sized agency like PLEDIS, I'm hanging onto my hope that I'll get to grow older with them like SHINHWA fans did.

This is my wanting to realize that scenario :)) With this in mind, at least the first half is like my crazy fantasies about their future. Please indulge my wistfulness and delusions. Also, a direct elongation of prompt #2. Although I think JeongCheol will be lacking a little bit, since I was too busy being emotional over SVT's future. Sorry, guys, for those who wanted to see a longer, better fleshed out version.

Thank you, as always, and I hope you'll enjoy reading this. Title taken from SVT's song "20"

As far as musical careers go in South Korea, SEVENTEEN's is considered to be on the more successful side of things.

Considered to be the group with the most members that has stayed together for the longest, SEVENTEEN celebrated their 10thanniversary last May of 2025. After roughly 6 years of successful comebacks, SEVENTEEN has established themselves as one of the most proliferate boy groups with talented members, both in the eyes of critics, and in the eyes of their own fans.

After 2021, in one of their appearances in a talk show, S.Coups stated that, instead of making an annual all-member comeback, the group would now become highly individualized, with each member focused on doing their own thing. SEVENTEEN will still comeback as a group, just not as frequent, because as the members grew up, their taste in music were then very different from each other, and so individual work gave them the space to shine, whereas normal comebacks were dedicated to their fans, who had supported and loved them as a group for a long time.

PLEDIS has, by then, grown to become one of the biggest entertainment companies in South Korea. It was nowhere near the biggest, perhaps not even in the top 3 or top 4, but still big enough compared to when SEVENTEEN debuted in 2015. During one of their comebacks in 2018, PLEDIS announced that it was going to create a sub-label for SEVENTEEN. This label, named, aptly, SHINING DIAMOND, would be in charge of the group's activities, both together, and as individuals / sub-units. Its' purpose was to accommodate SEVENTEEN and their careers of choice. This allowed for greater control of the group's image since, by then, the main producer for the label was Woozi, with other execs being S.Coups, and Hoshi, who had the main say in the group's choreo. By easing them into the job, Woozi had made sure that each member of SEVENTEEN had a chance to participate in creating their albums, and it paid off, since many of them went solo or debuted as a unit, and their confidence in composing and arranging helped them to be better in expressing themselves via music.

With their own members at the helm, SEVENTEEN grew in leaps and bounds, as a group, and individually. Jun, who had his personal studio set up in China in 2019, returned to the country to further develop himself as an actor. After landing several roles, first in typical cheesy dramas and later on in more meaty, hard-hitting roles, Jun has established himself successfully, both as an idol and an actor. The actor, satisfied the fans who needed to see him get more exposure. Whenever he makes a comeback, it's usually as a solo artist, or otherwise extensively featured in his fellow members' songs. He's also been very involved in their music production. In fact, in 2023, SEVENTEEN made an all-member comeback, and all of their songs, released in the Chinese version of the album, were written by Jun and The8.