Chapter 12 - "Always okay"

Bishamon ran after Yukine, they were searching for Hiyori, but she couldn't be found.

" Where is she ? " Yukine cried

" I don't know, I don't know! I-I.."

Bishamon couldn't finish her sentence because she felt her scent. Hiyori's scent.

" This way, Yukine! " Bishamon said dragging him after her

The two of them entered a room and there they saw her, but unfortunately they were too late. She was ... half a phantom.

" This is ...impossible. How could she turn into a phantom? Only if.."

" Only if what?" Yukine asked

" It was one God of Calamity."

" What?"

Bishamon looked straight into Hiyori's eyes, she was lost.

" Go after Yato, I don't know if we can save her to be honest, but we should try. "

Yukine was gone when Bishamon finished talking, so the goddess went as fast as she could to look for survivors.

" Is anybody in here?" she shouted

No response.

" Hellou? "

Silence.

Bishamonten went in every room , she found some people that were still alive so she helped them to go outside.

There was a little girl crying and hugging Bishamon's leg.

" Shh, it's gonna be okay, little one, I promise you. "

" M-my w-whole...f-family died there. I have no one. "

" You have me."

Bishamon picked up the little girl and they went near the others.

" Stay with them until I'll be back. "

" Thank you...lady..?"

" Bishamon."

" Thank you lady Bishamon."

The goddess smiled and she went back into the building.

There were only dead people now, she went to see Hiyori again, but when she arrived there she saw Yato and Yukine around her, they managed to have her somehow.

Bishamon sighed, deep down in her heart she wished that they would be too late.

She have watched at them for some seconds, then she left.

" Bishamon! Wait." Yukine yelled after her

" What?"

" Are you going to be okay? " he asked her with a sad look on his face

" I'm always okay." She faked a smile then she left them.

Outside the girl was waiting.

" Bishamon-sama!"

" Here, let's go home." Bishamon said holding her hand

" What's your name?"

" I'm Aiysha. "

"Uh-oh, nice name."

The two of them walked near each other for hours, Veena was still thinking about what should she do with Aiysha, but in the end she let her come to her residence until she will find her another home.