Chapter 9 - Apology

" Look, Yato I-"

"You ruined everything, Bishamon!"

The God of Calamity looked with anger at the other Goddess. She knew that what she did was wrong, but she only wanted to save him, she couldn't fail a second time.

" I'm sorry, I really am. "

" No you're not. You always hated me and wanted to kill me. Now you ruined the connection with Hiyori, the only girl I ever-"

" The only girl that you loved? Yato, he was human you knew that. There couldn't be any kind of relationship between you two."

" We could have find a way, that before you ruined us!"

Yato started to yell and Bishamon was panicked. She was getting weaker when she was around him. Since he stayed at her castle she started to see him in another way. She was able to see the way he was with Yukine, his shinki, she saw that Yato loved Yukine even if he didn't want to let anyone see that. Vaisravana was able to see through him. She started to understand him and her feelings had changed a lot, but she couldn't tell him that, since she couldn't believe that herself.

" I'm really sorry, Yato!"

" Your apology can't change a thing, Bishamon!" He yelled again

Bishamon had been hearing him yelling since they started the conversation. She hasn't said a thing. She kept her mouth shout, but in that moment, when he yelled her name with so much anger, she felt her heart shattered.

" You're an idiot and and hypocrite! You say all mighty that you loved Hiyori or whatever and you think I still hate you, but you're the blind one here! You're not seeing this story from my point of view, Yato! I came there to save you and Yukine! That's what I did. I saved you..." she cried

Veena hasn't cried since she lost her family the second time. Now she cried again, in front of him.

" I only cried for three times in my life, Yato, and all these three times were in front of you. You're breaking me every time I try to think good of you. "

The goddess wiped away her tears and she looked straight into his eyes.

" I did what I did for you, to save you. The heavens told me that if I cut the ties between you and Hiyori they will let you live. That's why I did that, now go on, hate me. I understand. "

Yato's expression changed suddenly. His eyes were wide open and his mouth was half opened.

" I tried to hate you, but I couldn't, you're one scarry woman , Bishamon, but I cannot hate you. "

Bishamon smiled slightly.

" You can, believe me, you demonstrated it a few minutes ago. "

" I- I was angry-"

" I know and I understand you, Yato. I do understand. That's why I have to go. "

" W-what?"

Bishamon walked out of the room, letting him confused.

' If you do love that girl so much, then I'll find a way to help you be her lover, if then you'll be happy, I'll be happy too. ' she said that to herself

She tried to find a way on her own but she couldn't so in the end she went to ask Kazuma for help, after all, he always was there for her.

A/N: okaaay sorry again for the lack of updates 😧 but high school isn't so nice