Ryan pov 18

I heard somebody scream as I got in my room. I quickly run up to the attic but when I got there nobody was there. The computer was on. The video of my brother getting shot was also on. I looked around one more time, there was no sign that anybody was in here. 

          "Sammy I need Lee, now" I told my worker on the computer. I needed more time here to work things out with Melinda. I can tell she was hurt when I said she had become like a beat friend. 

      "Is it because of this Melinda girl?" Lee asked. He was the guy that taught me everything about being a spy. I looked away when he started shaking his head. I can tell he was disappointing in me. I know the rules. Falling in love when you a spy is the same thing as dying. My uncle came on too and started talking. 

       They hanged up the phone after telling me to finish the mission that I have another one waiting for me. I needed to go see Melinda, I must not have another chance to sew her. When I got in her room she wasn't there. I looked around her room. She put the pictures of us on the wall when we where in the cabin. I smiled when I saw one I had took of her when she was sleeping. 

     I seat on her bed looking around. Why did I feel like she was the one for me. Few seconds later there was feet steps coming up the stairs. Melinda busted in and yelled. She started talking really fast and she went out. I followed her put to see if she alright. She looked scared to be around me. 

      She went in the fridge and took out two water bottle. She gave me one and took a long sip off Hera.

   "Spies" she said. I started choking on my water. I coughed looking at her

    W_what?" I asked catching my breath.

"Do you think spies are real?. Because I was watching a movie and I think it would be cool to be a spy. My name could be like agent, shoot I don't know. Lina or something. What would your name be? You look like a Kyle or a Keith maybe a Kevin, you could also pass as a Kacey"  she looked at me closely. I can tell she knew something. 

        "Shoot I don't know. What do you think?" She asked me.

"I-I don't think spies are real. And if they where they couldn't tell anybody or else they wouldn't be spies" I told her. I took a drink of my water to cool down my face. She knew something, I can feel it.

"You know how you said I've become a big part in your life?" She asked me. I nodded my head slowly. She got out from behind the counter and came to stand in front of me

      "Well I haven't been a good best friend. I mean we spent a lot of time together and I really never got to ask you about your past life. Like where did you leave before you came here? Like, do you have any other siblings? Your favorite color? You would tell me if something was bothering you right?" She asked me. I looked up at her confused.

"Melinda, dude what's going on with you?"

She looked at me and stepped back away. She looked at me without saying anything.

"You've become a big part of my life too Ryan. Promise me that we gonna always be honest with each other"

   I didn't say anything. I looked away and moved my hair form my face as she stared at me.

"Y-yeah. I promise" Whispered.

She looked up at him and nodded. I smiled at her and she smiled back. We stared at each other. Her mouth moved but noting came out.

"You look like you want to ask me something else" I told her. She bit down on her lips and shook her head no. 

     We went to watch a movie with my auntie and her mom. I can tell even though she was there her mind was somewhere else. I called her name and she jumped.

     "Sure agent K, Ryan" she said when I asked for the popcorn. She got up and left. I looked at my auntie to see if she caught that too or if I was being paranoid. She looked at me worried. It was time for me to leave.