Chapter : 2 Girl Time

We call for a cab this time, us both being sober after a long time..

We halt the taxi, sit in it, and I tell the address to the driver and sit back looking at Anna eye to eye contact just smiling at each other taking in the moment of having ur best friend with you and the peacefulness...

Anna places her hand over mine and I face her. She starts to talk about how she doesn't like to see me single like this for so long and that she wanted to see me happy...

I had a really rough past when it came to relationships..

I was really broken after I had fallen for a dumb wit. He was my best friend, the stupid me thought I could get him, but he just turned out to be a playboy who played with me and played with my feelings, and since then I have been afraid to show that vulnerable part of me to anyone. I didn't want to put the guards down I had taken so long to build, I just got really used to being living single.

Anna always cared about me, and she didn't want to see me lonely. Her voice faded away as I got lost in my own thoughts..

Some inner voice asking me
"What if I am really lonely?"

This saddened me that I had been so blinded by my work and other things that I never gave attention to certain parts of my life and this was a major one...

I was back to reality when Anna snapped her fingers in front of my face,  I shook my head and half smiled at her. Anna understood I was upset and started to rub soft circles on my back comforting me..

Within 4 to 5 minutes we were facing my apartment door I unlocked it, and we got in..

I threw my shoes and coat to one side as I released a stressful moan relieving me from my pains. I see Anna already laid across on the couch. I sit next to her and sigh...

"Maybe you're right Anna"

"Right bout what?" She replied.

"Me being lonely. I guess I do feel that way, and I've been trying to ignore it all this while... Gosh I'm so stupid!" I say while holding my head with both hands.

"Hey now! Thats enough dont be so hard on yourself as long as I'm here I'll make sure you'll be fine, infact since you've finally admitted the fact that you feel lonely I was gonna tell you about this website I found the other day. It's where you can find people of your compatibility depending on your information and then you can go on a blind date. I mean trying it once doesn't hurt, right? Would you do this once for me, please?" she looked at me with hope in her eyes and I didn't want to turn down her request again so I went along.

She squealed and jumped around the coffee table and tripped making us both laugh uncontrollably.

__________________________