Chapter 1

Holland's P.O.V.

"Cass, gimme the ball!" I shouted.

"NEVER!" she called back.

"Bad idea, cos Dmitri's right behind you," I mumbled. And just like that, she turned around, saw D, and kicked the ball wherever she could to get it away from him. That just so happened to be where my sister, Breann, was sitting under a tree, writing or reading or something.

"Ahh!" she screamed. "Watch it, Cassie! Jesus..."

I nearly fell over laughing, and Dmitri came over and said, "Get up, Cassie needs some help on her aim, dribbling, passing, shooting, everythig."

"You think? Yo, Cassielle Xenia François, come over here right now!" I yelled as I stood up.

She jogged over and whined, "What now?"

"Well, I'm not gonna sugar-coat this, so..." I started, but Dmitri cut me off.

"You need a lot of help with, well, everything in football."

"Thank you for so rudely cutting me off, Mr. Walker," I scoffed.

"Dmitri, not sound rude, but I know I suck at your football, but back home, the only football I played is nothing like this," Cassielle reminded us. Oh yeah, by the way, she's from California.

"And that is exactly why we're trying to teach you how to play."

"Fine," she groaned. "What first?"

"Most people would say dribbling or passing, but since we have Dmitri here, we can work on your shooting." Also, Dmitri is a great goalie. I mean, who wouldn't want a hot guy as your goalie?

I showed Cassielle how to shoot, and as I was about to take a shot, I saw something, or someone, about 20 feet away, and he was pretty cute. Wait, what? Cute? Where'd that come from?

"Earth to Holly, are you gonna shoot or what?"

"Erm, yeah, sorry. Just a little... distracted." Damn, this is going to be a terrible shot. I ran at the ball, but my eyes trailed away to the guy I was looking at earlier, and when I kicked the ball... well, you know how they say that the ball goes where you're looking? Yeah, it did exactly that, and it hit the blonde in the back of the head. "Shit."

"What was that?" Dmitri laughed.

I shrugged and jogged over to the blonde, and said, "I am sooooo sorry, I just--"

"It's fine," he chuckled. Cute laugh, and is that an Irish accent I hear? "Here." He handed me the ball and flashed me a grin.

"Thanks," I whispered, but as I began to turn away, he held out his hand and said, "I'm Niall."

As I shook his hand, I felt tingles go up my arm, and I replied, "I'm Holland. Nice to meet you." And with that, I ran back over to Cass and D.

"Ahh, someone has a crush!" Dmitri said through a wide grin.

"No," I retorted, though I could feel my cheeks heat up.

"Did you get his number?" Cass asked, and I shook my head. "Name?"

"Yeah, it's Niall."

"Anything you know about him?"

"And this is my cue to leave the conversation," Dmitri said awkwardly as he walked over to where Bree was sitting.

"Well, he is pretty cute," I started, "and he's Irish, and I can tell he dyes his hair."

"And?"