Chapter 7: the truth starting to unfold

the next morning I got dressed and headed down stairs from the second floor, I sat in the middle of my living room floor and decided to have breakfast at my Temple.

while preparing my dumplings after I took the cover off of the pot my door swiftly slides open.

I look up quickly and grasp my sword, I notice this person was familiar.

"Master Saiyo.." I stared.

"Sakakura." he greeted and walked inside smiling.

"It's been awhile." I replied.

he sat down on the other side of the table and helped himself, "indeed, It has been very long." he smiled and held a bowl and chop sticks.

"what are you doing here?" I asked.

"I thought I'd visit for a day, after all I haven't gotten to duel you since you left Japan, I remember the old days when I and your father were training you.." he said sincerely.

"Yes, those were good times." I replied sincerely as well.

"How about after breakfast we go outside and see how much you've improved since then..." he challenged me.

I smiled competitively agreeing to his wish.

After breakfast as promised, I and Saiyo Nakamura my swordsman teacher.

went outside to have a well deserved duel..

I informed him of my recent incident so he understood I could not be to rough.

"You have much improved over the years Sakakura!" he exclaimed as our swords collided.

as always in the heat of battle my transformations would sometimes take over, so my eyes were pure Neon green and my black panther tail was swaying.

I have two swords, but I used one to be fair.

"How wonderful, I and your father taught you well." he assured.

"so you have.." I smiled while breathing heavily.

"I suppose I should leave you to your duties now.." he insisted.

"you don't have to leave so sudden, the grounds have become much safer since my incident, stay awhile, I'll be around the castle most of the day but you can help yourself to my Temple and garden until I return." I kindly offered.

he nodded in acceptance to my offer.

I smiled and left to join Snape prepare his classroom, I'm sure Dumbledore has told Hagrid and the students of last nights event by now.

I swiftly walked down the pathway and was suddenly stopped by Hagrid's voice.

"Miss Saka." he greeted whilst standing in an opening to the grassy courtyard behind him.

"Hagrid." I walked up to him.

"By Merlin's beard, it's true!" he exclaimed.

"I thought Dumbledore was pullin' my chain, but here you are, how amazing.." he said surprised.

I grinned, "certainly is.." I replied softly.

"I must be going now, lots of preparations to do." I waved and quickly walked away as he stared kindly.

I entered the classroom and quickly joined Snape at the desks.

"the children are still in the great hall, they'll be making their first round here soon." Snape informed me.

I scurried around at my desk grabbing up papers and straightening them up.

suddenly there was a knock at the door.

"I got it." I told Snape as he put his papers down to go answer.

I walked calmly towards the door and opened it, "Nicky!" Lilian rushes over and hugs me after pushing her way through the small group.

I was caught off guard and my eyes widened, I looked down and smiled.

"Dumbledore told us everything!" she said happily.

"Is it true you were healed by the moon?" a young Ravenclaw boy asked.

"Yes." I nodded and politely smiled at him.

"come on, it's time for class.." I hurried them inside.

when I did I noticed Lucius in the distance.

he looked like he was in distress and kept clutching his abdomen.

I was confused, and knew something was wrong.

I went inside to tell Snape I'd be back in a little while.

he was to distracted to ask where I was going so he just nodded.

I slowly made my way to Lucius after closing the classroom door, I stared at him softly and with concern.

I scanned him and saw he was injured, he was looking down and had his hair in his face.

I moved his hair out of the way as he looked up with his eyes, there was a bruise just on the side of his forehead.

I burrowed my eyebrows, "what happened to you?" I thought to myself while I proceeded to check him.

"Come back with me to my Temple.." I put his arm over my shoulder and helped him walk.

when we arrived I opened the sliding door, Saiyo looked back in response.

"Don't mind us Master Saiyo, we'll be up stairs." I insisted and quickly climbed up with Lucius.

Saiyo stared at us while holding a small cup of Sake, I laid Lucius in my bed and then scurried over to a table beneath a cabinet.

"i suspect your ribs are bruised so I am going to give you a small dose of Agrimony in case you have internal bleeding, and of course your abdomen will have to be bandaged." I grabbed a small glass purple bottle from the cabinet and mixed the liquid with Matcha powder and hot water.

as I was doing so, Lucius stares at me.

I sat beside him and helped him drink the tea when Saiyo comes up the stairs, "we will have to bandage his rib cage now.." he commented.

after he was finished I took the cup to a table across the room, I turned around from putting the cup down and nodded.

Lucius stayed silent as we removed his coat and top to bandage his wound, after it was taken care of I wet a white cloth and put it on his bruise that was hidden by his hair.

I then went to sit down in a decorative chair not far from him, I stared at him as he looked forward.

i was still curious as to how he ended up this way, he was very lucky to escape with just a few bruises.

I mastered up the courage to ask, "how did you get this way?" I asked kindly as he stared out of the short stretch of window that was carved from wood and wrapped around the room dividing the roof from the walls.

the greyish white light poured in as he looked down while sitting on the side of the bed, "Narcissa..." he said plainly.

"huh..." I looked at him with confusion and felt sad.

"hmm..." I muttered.

suddenly Saiyo returns from fetching more water and dried Matcha powder, "you should head back to the castle, i'll take care of him while you're gone." he insisted.

I stared at him and figured it would be for the best, I had to get back to the class.

I was going to be teaching the students how to make natural medications and how to spot plants that are useful.

I got up and walked over to him as Lucius looked at the floor, I leaned my head to the left slightly and looked at him trustfully.

"Arigatou Gozaimasu, Saiyo..." I thanked him sincerely and walked away.

he smiled.

as I was walking back to Snape's classroom I wondered why Narcissa would harm him like that, "i don't understand... why would Narcissa harm him?" I thought as the wind blew softly and sent petals flying in my direction.