8. Lobster Fight

// Castiel

He hadn't left the house in weeks.

He sat for about a day at the door, not sure why he was crying. Anger? Sadness? Confusion? Happiness? It was probably all of them except for happiness.

Cotton had eventually come out from under Cas' bed and snuggled up in his lap, purring softly. Castiel smiled through his tears and closed his eyes.

He spent the next few days moping around the house. His house was a mess at this point. All of Dean's books were scattered on the table and the memory books had been thrown around the room several times.

He almost always forgot to feed Cotton but the cat would scratch on his legs as a reminder.

Castiel wasn't sure what he was feeling. But he hadn't left the house in weeks. He spent most of the time on the couch with the tv on, not really watching it- more like letting it fill the silence of the house.

Today was one of those days.

There was some cooking show on and Cas was staring at the wall. The woman was talking about oregano or something and all Cas wanted to do was crawl into a whole. He began dozing off when Cotton jumped on top of him and scratched his leg.

Castiel groaned and glared at him. "I fed you yesterday."

Cotton made a noise loud enough to wake the dead and stabbed his claws into Cas' skin.

He got extra food that afternoon.

+

// Dean

He wasn't sure what to do with himself.

All the shame and regret just came and slapped him in the face since Cas completely erased him from his life.

It had been a few weeks.

He did his best to work on his books but nothing made sense anymore.

Instead he spent his time writing more memories he had of Cas. He bought a bunch of small journals and was filling them all with stories of Cas. 

Chuck had been calling for days, asking for the draft. Dean never sent it and he stopped calling.

Today, Dean was writing about their first kiss. How could he ever forget it? It was one of the best days of his life!

Of course there was still more story in between his last memory (where Cas was drugged by Mike) and their first kiss.

On the topic of kisses, Dean began to think of the day at the Roadhouse where Cas kissed him whilst being drunk. That was a disas-

I was at the Roadhouse talking with some guy- Mike- when you came and beat him up cause he put something in my drink? It's all black after that...

Dean's eyes widened.

You beat him up because he put something in my drink...

"Oh my god..." Dean whispered.

Cas had remembered. Even if it was a little piece, he remembered something!

Dean laughed in relief and stepped outside before giving a loud 'WHOOP' to the sky.

((For anyone who doesn't remember- someone pointed out that when Dean asked if he remembered anything from being drunk in chapter six, Cas said the thing about Mike, which was actually a memory that he had forgotten. Instead of fixing it, I'm writing this))

There was hope. Dean ran back inside and finished writing in the journal. After that, he went to his computer and clicked shuffle on his Work Playlist. He went back to writing inna new journal as Stolen Dance filled the room.