Chapter One

Popular, I know about popular.

It's not about who you are, or your fancy car,

That's all you ever need to know.

                                           -'Popular Song', MIKA Ft. Ariana Grande

School was hell.

It was like the Underworld with Tartarus thrown in. Add some Azkaban for good measure. Bam! You get Everglade High School.

Like any generic high school, we had the popular kids, the normal ones and the nerds. If you asked me what category I fit in, I couldn't think of one. I changed my personality to adapt. No one knew the real me. 

That's so cliche, right?

As I entered the school, I observed. People milling around. Shouting. Calls of recognition. But no one shouting 'Lilly Morgan!'. What could I do? My homework was complete.

If you ask my teachers, they would say I had excellent grades.An intelligent, bright student.

Pish.

I just knew what the teachers liked to hear. What they wanted to be written on the  paper. Grades were easy.

As I passed the hallways. I heard a voice, yelling in delight. Feminine, high pitched. I turn around and its  one of the minions  of Violet Summers. The popular girl, of course.

Violet herself doesn't pay her any attention. She looks her over, approving her attire. She smiles and turns her attention back to her boyfriend, who is glassy-eyed at the lucky chance to even talk to her. He worshipped her, that poor boy. I felt sorry for him.

Violet turned her eyes to me, for some reason. 

As I passed, I stared back at her.

She looked at me...I would've liked to say repulsed, but it was more helpless. Any moment she would lift her arms and gesture around her with a long suffering air.

I looked ahead. She turned her head back.

The day was event less. The same teachers talked about the same things they had for the last ten years. The same people did the same thing they had for the last four years. As for me, I was daydreaming.

We all were the same people, floating in and out of each other's lives. We talked, we laughed, we cried and then we died. Simple as that.

I returned home. My aunt was home.

I bet you thought she was an alcoholic, huh?

She isn't. She's a teacher in an elementary school and the only person who I live with.

Her name was Olivia Morgan, my father's unmarried, estranged sister.

The night went peacefully. Homework done, dinner eaten, goodbyes bidden. I crashed in my bed, blissfully unaware the shit that was about to go down in a few days' time.

But I'm getting ahead of myself, aren't I ?

Hey Y'all!

First of all,  Eid Mubarak to my Muslim Friends.

Thank you for checking this story out. Don't forget to Vote, Share, Comment and follow.

I'm uploading randomly, but another chapter of LCA may be in the works.

The pinterest board will be up soon. Till then, why don't you check out my other stories?

See Ya!