Chapter Two

I have this theory that when the apocalypse starts, people have no clue what's happening.

The world, it ends. Not with a bang, but with a whimper.

It seemed like that. The day after I went back to school, Violet didn't turn up. Neither the second day, nor the third. Even the fourth and fifth passed by. 

A week later, and rumours were rife that Violet was missing. Kidnapped, possibly. Oliver, her beau, was pale with what appeared to be worry. I noticed him speaking to one of her friends, who shrugged at whatever he said.

Poor guy. I suppose he was the only one who actually cared for her. Her parents refused to put up posters for her. If somebody asked, they could always say she was out of town.

Another week later, things were a lot more serious.

Till now, nothing had been discovered about her whereabouts. Somebody claimed to have spotted her at the beach. Another said she was in New York. Yet another claimed she was dead.

The last one was me.

Eventually, people were getting more anxious. A secret search was undertaken by a few students, all in vain. She wasn't anywhere. Her parents maintained the trip story. 

And what was I doing?

Nothing.

I felt frigid, almost separated from all this.

Almost as if, I didn't care.

And I was glad little miss perfect was gone.

                                                                                                   ...

The note arrived the next day.

It didn't have any name.

It wouldn't, obviously.

All it said, in a neat, tidy handwriting was:

Oliver and Rose.

Cute, isn't it?

The only way I could decipher the note was to think who it meant.

Oliver, her beau, and Rosalie Jackson, Vice-head cheerleader (Or head, for the past two weeks)

Could they be together? 

Of course, it was possible that they were just snooping around. Or fooling around, in Violet's absence. You couldn't go around in the open like that, could you?

Of course I wanted to tell this to everyone.I mean, this was major news. It could give me some sort of recognition among this stupid crowd.

So I told it.

Not to everyone. Hellooo, everyone at Everglade knows that rumour spreads like wildfire here, if you tell it to the correct person.

So that's what I did.

That is why I almost had a heart attack when I read the newspaper.

'Local teens die in major car accident'

So, this happened.

Hey Y'all!

I know this is probably very shitty and short, but it will get better.

I hope.

Tell me how it was, 'kay?

Peace.

Don't forget to Comment, Vote Share and Follow!

See ya!