Chapter Ten

Nathaniel stepped out of the shadow.

Shock clawed at me. He was supposed to be dead. I was being hounded by everyone, thinking I had killed a living breathing guy.

"You're supposed to be dead!"

"Surprised to see me, love?" I didn't miss his sugar-sweet tone.

"Why" was all I could speak. I glanced fervently at both Violet and him. "What kind of sick people are you? What have I ever done to you two?"

"Two? Who're you talking to?" Nathaniel looked genuinely confused. I stared at Violet, who mildly shrugged, pulled out a nail file from her jeans and stared at her nails. 

No, no, no. This was so not happening. I wasn't hallucinating.

"Nobody. I was talking to nobody." I realized the only way I was getting alive out of this was to play along with him. He didn't pay much attention to me. I hoped to God his inner Freddy Kreuger wouldn't awaken tonight.

"I'm not doing this alone you know." He turns around to face me. "I agreed to this because I cannot say no to her. I never can." Who was this her?

I tried to back away slowly, wanting to get out of this prison.

"You can't run forever from her, Lily. I have affection for you, but if it comes to you two, I'll choose her every time. These are not vulgar murders. They are disposals. The Spring Cleaning of Everglade." He mumbled his words as I turned the handle of the front door. Turning around, I ran like hell, blood rushing in my ears.

I had to save them. Whoever it was, they didn't deserve to have their life snuffed out because of someone's boner for a chick obsessed with murder.

I'd make sure of that, even if it cost me.

"Really, Lilly, stop. You can't save everyone."

"I can try. You're just a ghost inside my head. You're dead too, aren't you?"

"Wouldn't you like to know" She smiles at me.

A/N: These chapters are so short lmao.