Prologue

I stared at the constellations, bright stars splattered across the heavens.

I remembered.

Laughter and smiles, happiness and joy. The way father's eyes would light up when he came back from work and saw my mother in the kitchen. The way she would start behaving like a lovesick teen whenever he went out of town.

I suppose when the plane took them, it took away my innocence too. The pilot was sleepy, couldn't see where he was landing. It was the Hong Kong airport, very difficult to maneuver around. Out of the 400 people on the plane, only ten survived, including me.  They offered me condolences, but none of my family came forward to support me.

Finally, when my father's estranged aunt learned that I was to inherit the house, she moved in. She spent her days drunk in her room, with no friends to give her company. I suppose that's how I ended up having no friends.

I will not go all cliché and say I was not responsible for it. I was, I guess. I never wanted to talk to anyone in my acquaintance, and eventually, everyone gave up on me.

I finally decided to get up.

I got ready and trudged down the stairs. Mother Gothel, who sat at the dining table, barely looked at me and promptly fell asleep.

I didn't have breakfast that day.

A/N: Hey there!

Thank you so much for checking this story out. It is an honor to have you here.

Fun Fact: The plot of this story has been changed 4 times.

If you like the works of Gillian Flynn (Gone Girl), Cecily von Ziegesar (Gossip Girl) and John Green (Paper Towns), you may just like this story.

Do not plagiarise. I know this is not very popular, but plagiarism is not nice, neither is it lawful.

So continue the love y'all have shown for Mix Tape and Share, vote and comment, and follow.

So long!

(c) Anushruti Banerjee/ badly_beautiful, 2016