Chapter Six

Maybe sometimes, what you've been seeing is wrong.

Till now, three people had been murdered, one girl was missing, one guy was willingly involving himself in danger, and I was at the center of it all.

But this could also be the case: Life was playing a sick joke on all of us.

Probably the latter.

After I realized Nate wasn't going to pick up my call, I decided to stop trying.

I didn't know his whereabouts, so it was fair enough to not do anything about it.

Frustrated, angry, and pissed.

A sudden noise distracted me. My window was shaking, probably after the impact of something colliding with it.

On my opening the window, I recoiled in horror at what was below.

More like, who was standing here.

The queen of Everglade High had returned. And was royally angry.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hello, Lilly." Her normally icy blue eyes were sparkling.

"Where the hell were you?"

"Just...away."

"Did you murder them?"

"No! Who?"

"Oliver, Rose and Robin."

"They're dead?"

"And they all were connected to you in one way or the other. They all seemed like accidents at first, but I'm convinced they are murders."

"I know that."

My surprise broke through my careful mask of calmness.

"How?"

"Did you think I would not know. You've been doing them, haven't you?"

"What leads you to believe that?"

"Well, maybe you're jealous of me?" She shrugged.

"Why?"

"You don't have a boyfriend?"

"And I'm happy and satisfied. You don't need a boyfriend to feel good about yourself."

And how true was that? I was often lonely, yes, but to have the commitment to a person, to sacrifice our identity for them, that was stupid. And also, my stupid, sarcastic mouth wasn't attractive to anybody.

And I was proud of it.

And lovers could burn in hell.

A/N: Y'all! Hi! 

Okay, okay, I know I should've updated sooner. Don't murder me. (Pun intended, XD)

This was kind of a filler, but some plot  changes should come up.

Also, thank you for 180 reads on Lights, Camera, Action! Y'all are too good to me.

I honestly thought I wouldn't get more than 15-20 reads on that one.

Love you.

XOXO

(c)Anushruti Banerjee, 2016