Chapter 1

Present day (2016)

"....happy birthday to you!" Everyone finished singing.

"Make a wish," Clara said. I closed my eyes and made my wish. Please God I wish my life would change I wished and blew out the candles. I opened my eyes and they clapped, I smiled and licked my lips, looking at the cheesecake

"Let us eat cake!" I said with a British accent. Mom laughed but her green eyes looked like she is lost in thought. She moved her brown hair out of her face and cut up a cake. She handed me a piece on a plate, with a fork of course. I sat down as she handed everyone else a slice. Clara sat down to with a piece of cake.

"Soooo what did you wish for?" She asked with a smile.

"I can't tell you," I said with a roll of my eyes. "If I tell you it won't come true." I started eating and smiled at the deliciousness of the cheese cake. She swallowed

"Your so superstitious, you know that right?" She asked with a smirk. I gave her a thumbs up because my mouth is full of cake. She rolled her eyes and turned on Pretty Little Liars season six (it just came out).

Clara took the last bite of her cake, I had finished mine a long time ago. Unlike most teens, who have big party's on there 18th birthday, my mom said a one friend and family birthday party. She doesn't get out much, just for work and has nobody over. Ever since the accident she has been.... distant. My eyes started forming tears as I remembered the sad day. I shook my head to me the tears stop.

"Want to go to your room?" She asked.

"Sure," I said then yelled. "We are going to my room."

"Okay see you guys in the morning," Mom yelled back.

"Come on," I said and got up grabbing the plates. She got up too. I put the plates in the dishwasher and we walked down stairs. I get all of the downstairs to myself. I have a small kitchen and a bathroom for myself. Silver my black cat with ice blue eyes (mom gave me her for my birthday) got up from the chair she was napping on and walked up to me and circled my feet, meowing, almost like she is complaining.

"You do know that you can go upstairs right?" I said picking her up she meowed. Then I murmured. "Lazy bones." I sat down on my bean bag chair with her still in my arms and Clara sat down on the other bean bag chair.

"So, what do you want to do?" She asked. I shrugged.

"I don't know," I said scratching Silver behind the ear, making her purr.

"I have an idea! You know how you have always been complaining about wanting to be a cat?" She said to which I nodded. "Well I was randomly looking on YouTube and I found this spell thing where it allows you to turn into a cat, it's fake of course but I think it would be cool to try it."

"Sure, what do we need?" I asked getting exited. She got out her phone and looked through it. Then she looked up from it.

"It says that we need a bowl of milk and cat fur," she said. "It should be easy."

"Okay," I said and got up making Silver complain and jump off me. I walked into my kitchen and put some milk in a bowl. I walked back to Clara and put the bowl on the table across from the couch. "What do you have to do?" She checked her phone again.

"Scratch that, I'm not doing that," she said in disgust. I grabbed her phone from her hand. "Hey!" I ignored her and looked at it.

"You only have to put the cat fur in the milk, say the incantation and drink the milk with the cat fur, it's not that bad," I said. I went over to Silver and got some fur from her. I sat back down on the couch. I put the cat fur in the milk.