Story Time #1

One day a boy woke up in the middle of the night to find he was all alone in his house. He looks at the clock to see it's 1:04am. Being only eight at the time, he believed in ghouls that haunt you dreams and monsters that hide under your bed. He searched the house with a flashlight in his trembling fingers and a frown on his shivering lips. Why, he thought to himself, is it so cold in this house all of a sudden? He heard the floor creek and the house settle but he didn't yelp until he tripped over his own two feet and went tumbling down the stairs. Thump, thump, thump. He hit his arm, his thigh, and finally, he hit his hand, knocking the flashlight out of his grasp.

"Ow..." He whimpered, rubbing his leg as he limped over to the flashlight and picked it back up. He heard a pot clang in the kitchen behind him and feet scurry across the freshly cleaned tile. "Mommy?" He called, voice wavering. But the mangled creature that stepped out of the shadows was not the little boy's mother, father, or even sister. The horrid thing standing before him was none other than...

Oh... wait...

Marley, the boy's dog trots happily out of the kitchen along with the rest of his family. The small boy jumps as they all shout, "Happy Birthday, Conor!" and tackle him into a hug. His father steps back and takes a decorated ice cream cake out of the freezer. "See, Conor? There is a zombie on it!" Conor smiles, "It looks exactly like the one from my favorite video game!"

His father nods so fast that his eyes falls out of it's socket... and his mother's arm falls off trying to reach for it... and his sister falls to the ground for her legs are not there anymore. Slowly, each member of Conor's family falls apart until they are nothing more that puddles of blood, including Marley.

Suddenly, Conor bolts upright in his bed, panting for breath. He looks at the clock just in time to see it turn to 1:04am...

The house turns abruptly cold...