Love and People

This is a section of chapter 7 of A Deal With The Devil so if you wish to wait until I post that chapter, do not read further.

The thing about relationships: they never last as long as you wish. There is always something or someone that is there just waiting for the perfect moment to fuck everything up. 

My parents, for example. My real father died of alcohol poisoning just days after he left my mom. I was just seven months old. Then there is my mom and step-father. They were married for only eight years  before that stupid fucking plane had to kill them both.

My aunt has married three times already and I've had a total of four boyfriends my entire life. Not one of them worked out. People say love is a wonderful thing but how can something be wonderful if it doesn't exist? Nobody knows what true love feels like because someone is always thinking either too much or too little!

Nobody knows what true love feels like because humans are greedy, inconsiderate creatures who are never satisfied with what they have in front of them. We are always looking next to that we already have to find something new. Something we don't have. 

Love is a word taken so much for granted... That it's lost it's meaning all together...