Story Time #3

I wasn't expecting it. No one was, really. It wasn't something on the news, on TV at all.

This was a storm.

But nothing we've ever seen before.

It started with a little rain, then some sleet. All normal things during the late autumn time here in New York. Then came the heavy snow in early winter. Again, pretty normal so one batted an eye about it but I on the other hand, I knew something was up.

It was cold. Not like a winter cold that makes you want to snuggle up inside and sip on hot cocoa. No, this was an empty cold. A hopeless cold.

Something was wrong here.

If anyone felt the same as me, they sure didn't show it. Everyone pulled their poofy winter jackets closer and kept on marching to their point B. I, straying from the crowd like I always wanted to do as a teenager, was already on my way to point F.

I was walking down the road, back to my house, right after school. Again, it was that same hopeless cold but I shrugged it off. It's not a threat right now so I'm not going to worry about it.

I was getting strange glances and I had to fight the urge to look at my clothes to check if anything was on them. Instead, I kept looking straight forward.

Bang! Bang! Bang!

"Stop drooling, Idiot."

Oh, that's right. I'm not outside.

I'm not heading home.

I'm not in a storm.

But I am hopelessly cold. I'm in a loony bin.

I wish my mind would stop hating me...