Fifteen

[NOT EDITED]

(Song on the side is The Emotion by Borns)

Third Person:

That night was the best night of the guys life, but as magical as it was, it was also the worst and one out of their nightmares.

At some point during the night, Troye woke up with a sharp pain in his lower stomach. He shot up out of his sleep and clutched his stomach. Every movement he made, making the pain worse. His heart raced and he felt paralyzed with pain and fear because something was definitely wrong. Reaching an arm out he turned on the bedside lamp and lifted the covers off his body. A gasp leaving his lips as he saw the mess before him: bloody sweatpants and bed sheets.

"C-Connor!" Troye began hyperventilating, his hands shaking Connor awake. He felt like he was in a slow-motion movie when Connor finally woke up and immediately began to put his clothes on. Troye was frozen, touching his stomach and on the blood on his clothes. Surely this had to be a dream. A nightmare. But the harder he pinched his arm, and the worse the pain became, he knew that this definitely was not a dream. It was reality, and there was something wrong with his baby.

With gentleness and not another thought, Connor picked Troye up from the bed, deciding that driving to the hospital himself would be faster and less nerve wracking than waiting for an ambulance to show up. And with much difficulty, Connor finally placed Troye in his car. He laid the seat back all the way and buckled Troye in. Then as fast as he could he got in himself and drove to the hospital. It was early so thankfully the road was nearly empty, but listening to Troye's sobs, he felt as if they were never going to arrive.

"C-co-n-"

"Hey, you're okay. It's gonna be okay," Connor whispered as he held Troye's hand against his lips, saying anything to calm Troye down. It hurt him to see Troye like that, and he couldn't possibly imagine what Troye was feeling. He wondered what had gone wrong. What he did wrong, and he suddenly fell into a hole of self hatred, blaming himself for what is happening to Troye. "You're gonna be okay."

-

It felt like an eternity of pain and shock, until they finally arrived at the hospital. Troye watched as Connor got out of the car and ran to the glass doors that led to the emergency room. He watched as Connor pounded on the doors and screamed until a nurse appeared and opened the doors. She looked over at the car and saw Troye, who had become weak and pale.

Then she and four other nurses ran to the car with a gurney and got him out of the car. Troye winced, and the pain became excruciating, but he didn't have the energy to scream or say anything. He stared at the florescent lights above him, and then stared at the nurses wheeling him away. One of the male nurses was talking but he couldn't hear what he was saying. He felt tired, and just wanted to sleep.

"Sir, you have to stay awake," he said as he lightly tapped Troye's cheek and tried to hold his eyelids back. Troye turned his head and his eyelids began to close. He was cold and he just wished he could get off the damn gurney and go back home to cuddle with Connor.

"Troye, babe, don't go to sleep. The baby needs you."  The voice belonged to Connor and Troye opened his eyes to see green ones looking back at him. Troye smiled lazily and held out a hand which Connor took and kissed.

"I love you," Troye said but it was only above a whisper. He could barely hear it but as Connor's eyes filled with tears, he knew that he had heard it. Maybe it was too soon to say those words. Hell, they had just established their relationship less than five hours ago but Troye didn't care. The words felt right, and
if he could, he'd say them again. Connor didn't say them back. He couldn't because he knew was Troye was doing. Troye was saying goodbye without knowing what would happen and he just couldn't. Troye would be okay and when Troye would come out fine and healthy, then he'd return the words. But for now Connor would wait. He was good at that.