Four

[NOT EDITED{

Third Person:

A few hours passed and Troye hadn't realized he fell asleep until he was woken up by the front door slamming and Joe's loud footsteps walking towards their bedroom. Quickly Troye sat up just as Joe entered the room, his eyes and entire face an angry red and his brown hair a disheveled mess. Troye was worried, wondering about what had his boyfriend so riled up. "What's wrong?" Troye asked softly, not liking the tension in the room. Joe laughed bitterly under his breath as he began to undress hastily.

"I don't have a f.ucking job anymore." Troye couldn't help it and let out a small gasp. Joe rolled his eyes, and started to take off his jeans. Cursing under his breath when his shaky fingers couldn't unbutton them. His last nerve was hanging on a very thin thread, and Troye could clearly see it.

So being the kind and caring boyfriend he is, he got up from the bed and hugged Joe tightly from behind, trying to show all his love with the gesture hoping it would help. It didn't and seemed to make Joe more annoyed.

"I'm not in the f.ucking mood right now," he said and pushed Troye away who was caught by surprise and fell to the ground. His hand automatically going to his stomach.

The room was silent as both guys tried to process what had just really happened. Guilt was evident in Joe's face and hurt, confusion on Troye's. Joe was never one for violence and Troye knew he didn't mean it and that maybe he should've given him some space but either way Joe shouldn't of done it.

"Babe I'm sorry-" Joe said as he took a step towards Troye who was still on the ground and held up and hand to stop Joe from taking any further steps towards him. He was hurt, not physically at leasts but he didn't really want to talk to Joe. He groaned loudly and ran a hand over his face before stomping away to the bathroom but not without slamming the door.

Brining his knees up to his chest, Troye hid is face in them. His plans to tell Joe his great news we're going to have to wait yet again.

-

A few weeks passed and Troye started to notice that his stomach was just now starting to form a tiny barley there bump. He rubbed it softly as he laid in bed, waiting for Joe to get home. It was nine p.m and he'd been out since early in the morning looking for a job. Or so he said.

Troye wanted to believe Joe, but ever since he had been fired he'd spend most of his days looking for a job but every time would return drunk off his ass at ungodly hours of the night. He knew that telling Joe about the baby was highly important, but he made it impossible for Troye to finally bring up the news.

Thankfully Troye used the time that Joe wasn't home and the time at work to think about actually doing it. He had had his first ultrasound today and hearing the baby's heartbeat for the first time sent so much happiness through his body, he didn't want to be the only one experiencing it.

Pulling out the black and white photograph from his sweater pocket, Troye stared at the tiny thing that was his and Joe's baby. Tears pricked his eyes the longer he stared at it but his happiness was short lived when the front door opened and Joe came stumbling into the living room. Troye hid the picture and sat up, seeing Joe drunkinly take off his shoes, a half empty bottle of beer in his hands.

He watched, waiting for Joe to notice him and when he didn't and started to make his way upstairs, Troye decided to make his presence known.

"Did you find a job?" Joe jumped in surprise, nearly dropping his bottle. He turned around and saw Troye looking at him from the couch. He chuckled tiredly and shook his head.

"Nope. No ones hiring," he said and took a swig from his bottle. Troye couldn't help but scoff at his half-assed response.

"Did you even look?" Troye asked, sounding more accusingly than he meant.

"What's that supposed to mean? Of course I looked!" Joe shouted, placing the bottle on the coffee table as he walked towards Troye. The smell of stale beer and cigarettes wafted in Troye's nose. The odor was already bad enough, but with the pregnancy, Troye had to fight the urge to gag.

"What you think I meant? It's been three weeks since you got fired and you've been looking for a job but all you do is get drunk instead!"

"Then why are you still here!? If you're so bothered by it then leave! No ones forcing you to be here, it's your own damn fault," Joe shouted, his words piercing Troye right in the heart. Troye was still there because he loved Joe. Had he been so blind and to realize Joe stopped feeling the same?

"I'm pregnant," Troye whispered looking down at his hands. He wasn't sure why that was the first thing to come out of his mouth, but it felt like a ton of bricks had been lifted off his shoulders when they did.

He waited for Joe to say something. Anything. But he never expected for him to say the next words: "well it's not f.ucking mine." And with that, he left the apartment, leaving Troye and their unborn child a broken mess.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Well that happened. Let me know what you guys think.

VOTE

COMMENT

FOLLOW