Chapter 4: First Encounter

Okay, so I decided to post a second chapter today since I don't know how much I will be on this weekend. Draco finally makes his appearance here, so I hope you all enjoy him. =P

*****************************************************************************************************

"My mind forgets to remind me you're a bad idea." –Sparks Fly, Taylor Swift

Audrey stood on the porch of Malfoy Manor for what seemed like ages before someone answered the door. When the door finally creaked open, it revealed a boy roughly her age. He stood almost a foot taller than she was and had a slim built. His skin was pale, his eyes cold gray, and his hair bleach blond. He wore an all black suit, contrasting his pale appearance. He had what appeared to be an angry look upon his face, but Audrey couldn't tell for certain.

"Draco," Audrey breathed almost inaudibly.

He stared back at her with his cold merciless eyes. "Audrey," he finally said. "Why are you here? Shouldn't you be back at Hogwarts?" He stepped out onto the porch, shutting the door behind him. He crossed his arms across his chest, like he was waiting for an answer.

"The team was worried about you," Audrey replied quietly. She was incredibly nervous, but she didn't know why. He was just Draco Malfoy, after all. "I came to find out what you were planning on doing; we can't play without a seeker..."

Draco leaned against the side of his home. "Hogwarts," he scoffed, "I'm never going back to that accursed place."

Audrey was unsure of what he meant by that. Why wouldn't he go back? "Why do you say that?"

"Things are not what they seem," Draco explained. "Hogwarts is not safe for anyone- not me, not even you. Going back is suicide."

Audrey stood there in silence for a moment, unsure of what to say to him from there. "Crabbe and Goyle said you had business," she piped up. "What was it? If you don't mind me asking..."

"Audrey, I cannot tell you, let alone anyone else," Draco retorted. "Just know that I can't go back to school." His voice seemed shaky, something most uncharacteristic of him. Draco was nearly always proud and confident, but not now. Audrey watched as his expression changed dramatically. It went from his characteristic cockiness to almost panic. Audrey had never seen him look this way before.

She found herself to be concerned for her friend. "Draco... is... everything okay?" she asked. "You don't seem like you."

Draco closed his eyes and barely shook his head. "No..."

Without hesitating or even thinking, Audrey hugged the boy. She knew a hug always made her feel better. "What's wrong?" she asked, as he slowly began to hug her back.

"I..." he started, but stopped as he heard the door open next to him.

"And who is this, Draco?" a sharp voice questioned.

Draco turned, slowly releasing Audrey from his grasp. A woman with twisted, matted black hair and pale skin stood in the doorway, looking at the two teens with interest. Her eyes had a crazed look in them, and Audrey was definitely a little frightened of her.

"A friend, Aunt Bellatrix," Draco finally answered. "Audrey."

Bellatrix smiled a twisted smile, approaching the two teens. She ran her nails across Audrey's right cheek, as if she was examining her. Audrey shuddered slightly, but tried not to let it show. This woman was really starting to creep her out, especially since she knew Bellatrix was a Death Eater.