Chapter 10: Sweet Victory

Finally got something entertaining in here! Hope you like this Quidditch match. It was admittedly the first one I ever wrote, at least one that turned out decently. Hope you enjoy it! =)

*****************************************************************************************************

"This is 10% luck, 20% skill, 15% concentrated power of will, 5% pleasure, 50% pain, and a 100% reason to remember the name." –Remember The Name, Fort Minor

Audrey finished pulling her hair up into a ponytail. She took a deep breath as she stared at her reflection in the mirror for a moment. A look of determination stretched across her face. There was no way she was going to let Gryffindor win today. Her green uniform brought out the red in her eyes, a trait Audrey was hoping would frighten Gryffindor's team off.

After a few moments, Draco joined her in the mirror. He too was dressed in his Quidditch robes, ready for the game. Draco had stopped behind her and rested his head on top of hers, his arms wrapped around her slim waist. A crooked smile rested on his lips, something that Audrey found extremely attractive.

"I forgot how much I like green on you," he said.

"Since when did you decide that?" Audrey asked. "You've never acted like you found it... appealing. Why now?"

The blond boy kissed the top of her head. "I decided that a long time ago, in our second year. But obviously I was in an awkward stage of life, so I never said anything about it."

Audrey smiled, the thought that she had that kind of effect on him years ago still lingering in her mind. "I think I'm ready."

Draco hugged her tightly before letting go of his girlfriend. "Let's do this."

The two walked hand in hand up the stairs and began heading up to the Quidditch field. The roars from the already large crowd echoed across the grounds of Hogwarts. It was going to be intense game, Audrey could already tell. They had finally made it to the waiting area under the stands; they were the first of Slytherin's team to arrive, a fact that didn't surprise either one of them.

As Draco reached into the broom closet to get their brooms, Audrey began to get nervous. It had been a while since she actually flown in a real game, let alone against their arch nemesis. The blond boy rested the Firebolt broomsticks against the wall, but then noticed the expression upon his girlfriend's face. "Something wrong?" he asked her.

Audrey shrugged slightly. "Just a little nervous I think. It's been a while since I've been in a game. I don't know how well this is going to go..."

Draco pulled her into his arms, holding Audrey close to him. "Don't be nervous, darling. This game will be quick, I promise. I'm going to try to keep it under ten minutes if I can. Gryffindor doesn't stand a chance against us. Especially not with that Weasley girl as captain."

Audrey nuzzled her head against his shoulder. She breathed deeply, calming herself. He was right. There was no reason for her to be nervous. It was just a game, and one that they had in their control. Draco carefully lifted her chin, allowing her brown eyes to meet his gray ones. He rested his forehead against hers.

"And besides," Draco continued, "I'll be keeping an eye on you. They won't mess with you. I won't allow it."

"Thanks Draco," Audrey replied.

"Don't mention it."

Audrey stood there, completely comfortable in Draco's arms. The two stared contently at each other for a moment before Draco gently placed his lips on hers. Audrey kissed him back, wrapping her arms around his neck, pulling him tight against her. As Draco pushed her gently into the wall, Audrey ran her fingers across his clean-shaven cheek. The two continued to be interlocked in expressing their ever growing love for each other until they heard someone clear their throat.