Chapter 9

(Time to clear my parasites out. 5:45 pm)

"And you think this is a good idea?," he looks at me unsure.

"We were going to do this anyways but our plans changed, well yours but I think I want to stick to the original plan and do it myself instead," I tell him.

"You really think it's okay for me to agree for you to be alone on New Years and Christmas," Mark says. I groan and get off the couch, walking to our small home bar and pouring some whiskey into a glass. "Audrey you can't just drink off our disagreements" 

"You have a better idea?," I take a sip. The burning sensation, gives me adrenaline rush since I haven't had alcohol in a while. "Look Mark, I've never asked you to do anything for me before, I deserve this, I deserve this break"

"You? Alone? In New York?"

"I basically grew up there, I've lived there before here may I remind you?," I take another sip, a bigger one this time.

"I just..."

"Mark! Can I go or not?," I say loudly.

"Whatever, it's not like whatever I say will matter...," he gets off the couch, walking towards the main door. "When do you plan on leaving?"

"Whenever, early as possible, possibly in a day or two," I tell him.

"Goodbye is now I guess then," he walks towards me.

"You're not dropping me off to the airport when I leave?," I ask and he shakes his head no. "Why?"

"I don't know, I don't want to drop you somewhere I don't want to you to go to," he says, he sounds so childish.

"You sound so childish"

"Audrey! My fiancé wants to leave me on two of the most important holidays! You really expect me to be happy about it? I'm allowed to have some emotions," he yells.

"You can have emotions Mark, but you can be mature about it too," I say.

"Can you even hear yourself right now? You just want to runaway on the most important holidays of the year, leave your fiancé alone and you're telling me to be mature, reasonable and understanding about it WITH no emotions," He breaks. "I'm human, I love, I care"

I pause for a second, sinking in what he just said. Runaway. I want to runaway he said. My heart feels like it plunged into a deep pool. I take a deep breath and walk over to Mark and engulf him into a hug. Pecking his shoulder. He hugs back and we just sway in each other's arms for a while.

"Sorry," I whisper and he kisses my forehead.

(Love brings its challenges, they either knock earlier or later on the door. 7:21 pm)

A knock plants on our apartment door. Me and Mark glance at each other, as we sat on the couch. He sat on the other end, the tv remote in his hand, just resting there.

"I'll get it," I already had a weird feeling about this. I walk towards the door and open it. It was a random man. I stood there confused, refused to speak.

"I.. Uh.. Sorry about this or disturbing you but I live here and there was this guy down by the door, telling me to let him in and I wouldn't but he told me to knock on your door and tell you he's waiting downstairs, outside," he tells me.