Chapter 15

10:34PM. The heat between.

"It's so crowded today," Ben whispers in my ear, as we were sitting in the club. Drake's Feel No Ways was on. I take a sip of my drink and nod. "Anyways, how are you doing?"

"I'm doing fine," I smile, he looks around us, his hand slowly grabs my thigh. I try to make conversation, "So, you work with the government, should I be worried?"

He lets out a laugh and shakes his head, "You're American and Americans are crazy, should I be worried?"

"Americans aren't crazy," I say defensively.

"Sure they're not," He says in a sarcastic tone. "Have you seen Donald trump? If that isn't crazy I don't know what is," He says. We laugh together. He was kind of right but what's wrong with being a little crazy?

"So, are you seeing anyone?," I ask him. "Just asking"

"Are you?," He turns the question back to me.

"You keep bringing back my questions back to me, you don't answer any of mine," I roll my eyes at him and he gives me a sly little smile before he sips his drink. "This isn't how it works you know, you answer first and then ask"

"I know how it works but I want to ask you first," He says, looking straight at me.

"Why?"

"Because this entire time, I've been trying not to hit on you.." He whispers in my ear. The hairs at the back of my neck rise and my body rushes with emotions and I gulp.

"You're really bad at flirting," I giggle, playing off the fact that I was kind of turned on.

"Am I?," I feel his hot breath on my neck. My heart begins to race. This feeling was weird because I've only felt this feeling before once or by one other person. I exhale deeply and look into his eyes and cup his face.

"I would love to just kiss you right now but like you predicted the last time we met at a bar, I'm going through a horrible heartbreak," I sigh. His eyes shift somewhere else and he bites his lower lip and moves away from me.

"I totally understand," He raises his glass to me and I click mine with his and we plaster smiles on our faces and then order a round of shots. This night is going to be long.

3:11Am. Kiss me goodnight.

"Thanks for letting the uber drop me home first," I hug Ben.

"It's late, you never know what uber drivers are like late at night," Ben says, as he fiddled with his shoes, his hands tucked into his suit coat. His suit was perfectly fit on him, tight enough to pierce his body from underneath but not too tight that he ends up looking like a crazy wannabe classy/fresh boy.

"I had a fun night," I tilt my head in a cute way as I speak, I don't know what's up with me.

"We're both totally drunk and I shouldn't really be saying this but my temptation to kiss you hasn't changed throughout the night, it has unfortunately only increased," He spills.

"As drunk as I am, I still am a reckless case that you probably shouldn't involve yourself with...," I push him away, playfully and walk towards my building and he smiles at me, then walks to the uber and gets inside. My heels tap against the ground, I feel like heels tapping on the ground is such a satisfying sound.