~ september 2023 ~

Brittany POV
"Hurry up sweetie. Come on you're going to be late for school otherwise" I call
"And it's your first day too pumpkin. Wouldn't like that would you?" Trevor pipes up, walking into where I was waiting for Charlie to come downstairs. She turns to her dad and looks up at him.
"Do you think I look okay?" She asks him and I smile.
"Ohhhhhh, yes" he grins, scooping her up. I chuckle as I watch him lift her, throwing her up and turning her around.
"I think you'll be the prettiest girl in the classroom!" he says putting her down and leaning in to whisper something to her
"You even beat your mum" he says, on purpose to annoy me and I laugh, swatting him with the tea towel I'm twirling around.
"Come on, let's get you to school" I say taking hold of her hand.
"Byeeeee Charlieeeeeee" Peyton calls from the kitchen. Charlie giggles looking up at me.
"Go say goodbye to your brother!" I say and she smiles, running off.
"He's really going to miss her" Trev says walking in and holding me from behind. I snuggle into his arms, nodding.
"Yeah. I remember my mum telling me how upset I was whenever Sam would go to school" I say and he smiles, tightening the hug.
"I still can't believe our baby girl is starting school today! That's insane!" He says and I smile.
"Well we've still got two more to start yet. At least it's not the end" I admit looking down at my small bump. He smiles, moving his hand to it and kissing it softly.
"I can't wait" he says leaning back up to kiss me but gets interrupted
"Come on mum! Let's go" Charlie yells from the front door.
"You okay to have a day with Pey? You'll be alright won't you?" I turn to Trevor and he nods as I start walking fast to join Charlie at the door
"Yeah I'll be fine" he says and I smile, ushering my daughter out the door.
"call me if you need anything okay?" I tell him, still in a rush. He smiles, nodding.
"Hey" he says and I look up.
"I love you" he says sweetly. I smile
"Love you too" I reply, blowing him a kiss.
"See you at five" I yell before shutting the door.

This. Is going to be a long day.

~~
I am an actress. Ever since I did The Next Step, I've found a new love in acting and have just gone from there ever since. I've made it big and have starred in quite a few big blockbuster hits as well as some small adaptation feature films which then eventually get placed in film festivals, which is fun, I love getting that variety and that freedom I guess to just do whatever suits me.

Being pregnant while you work is definitely a challenge though. I mean, with Charlie I was twenty-four and things weren't as hectic then. Trev and I got married after the ending of the show, in March when I was twenty-three. We knew it was early. But through the multiple setbacks, we managed to do it. And now look at us...

I think it's fair to say that we did have problems. A lot of problems. Our relationship had quite a few ups and downs while we were dating which definitely did affect our career, probably because we were on screen lovers. That, for sure, made it really hard to move on from our hard times, especially when it was a kissing scene.

We had Peyton two years later when I was twenty-six so when we found out I was pregnant again, we were very relieved to find out that it wasn't too many years behind him- that they could still mange to be siblings that didn't not get along because of their age. Although, the relationship between the new baby and Charlie  may be a different story...The new baby is due in April next year though so we still have a bit of time to prepare.

"You okay back there hun?" I ask my daughter who is particularly quiet. I see through the mirror, a small nod.
"Are you sure? You look a bit pale to me" I say and she shakes her head, looking out the window. I glance at the time. 8:27. School doesn't start until 8:50. I decide to pull over to see what's up.

"Charlie, honey what's wrong?" I ask her calmly. She sighs looking up at me. I smile gently at her before she's peaks.
"Will you and daddy not love me anymore when the new baby comes?" She asks almost innocently. I sigh, looking out the window where she's staring at. I see tears forming in her eyes and I immediately feel bad for her.
"Oh baby girl. Come here" I soothe her, bringing her into a hug
"Whatever you're thinking about in your head ...is not true. We love both you and Peyton the exact same and it will be no different when the new baby comes. Yes, we may need to spend a little bit more time with him/her- but that is only because we need to make sure they're is okay. I mean we are so lucky that we already have a big sister who knows exactly what to do!" I tell her and she smiles.
"Honestly Charlie. You are beautiful, smart, strong and I would never forget you. Ever. And neither would daddy. Promise me that you'll understand that?" I comfort her and she looks up and me, smiling.
"You know, I'm so proud of you starting big school. It's a big step and it's huge to be here and doing this. It's scary, isn't sweetie?" I ask her through the mirror. She nods.
"Hey...it's okay."
"We'll be okay" I reassure her, twisting my body and leaning my hand to her knee. And she looks up at me with those big brown eyes, her soft curls falling over her face. She's such an angel. Trev thinks she's the spitting image of me.
"Promise?" I nod softly
"Promise sweetie. Now let's get you to school" I say and she smiles, nodding softly before sitting back and continuing to look out the window.

Knowing now how she feels makes me a bit more nervous to have this third baby. I mean I know I promised her that everything will be okay...but the truth is that I really have no idea. I just hope she won't feel the way she is now once the new baby comes.