chapter 3

standing at the airport with my family , waiting for the girls to get here . I still had doubts about the girls . whether they cared or not . sometimes , I would like to be invisible just to see how they would be without me . they would be happy and thankful that I wasn't there anymore . weight taken off their shoulders .

"mani , you need to stop thinking ." my mom scolded .

I nodded just as the girls arrived . they instantly ran towards me and hugged me . I put on a fake smile and hugged them back . when they pulled back , they had big ass grins .

"we've missed you !" Camila said , pouting .

"I've missed you too ."

I was about to grab my bag that was laying on the floor when Dinah grabbed it and slung it over her shoulder .

"I can carry that myself ."

"no way , Hamilton . I'm carrying it so deal with it ."

I rolled my eyes when she did her cheeky smile . she looked so adorable . I shook my head and turned to my family . they engulfed me in one last group hug .

"remember what we said ." Ashlee reminded me .

I nodded , biting my bottom lip . Arielle kissed my head and Ashlee kissed my cheek . I turned to my mom , who was tearing up .

"mom ."

"I'm just so proud of you . you are finally achieving your dream and that's all I ever wanted you to do . you never gave up on your dreams and I'm proud ."

I pulled her into a hug , kissing her head .

"you raised me this way and I'm proud to have you as my mom . you have done so much for me and I appreciate that . I love you all and I'll see you when I get back ."

they all nodded and waved goodbye as I left with the girls . I could feel them stare at me but I didn't care . all that was in my mind was how I could've lost Ashlee .

"mani , can I sit with you ?" Dinah asked , as I opened my eyes .

"I guess ."

I closed my eyes again and heard some shuffling before she released a sigh as soon as she sat down . I opened my eyes and looked at her . her eyes were closed and her head was resting against the seat . long eyelashes , cute nose , full pink plump lips .

"why are you staring ?" she suddenly asked , making me jump in surprise .

"sorry ." I mumbled before turning my attention to the window .

I feel her hand go on top of mine giving me a small squeeze . I looked at her and she was smiling at me .

"it's okay . I just want to know why you stare at me so much and get nervous when I ask about it ."

"you're beautiful ." I admitted .

"thank you . hearing it from you makes it special ."

I blushed and hung my head . she chuckled before lifting my head up with her finger .

"why did you choose to sit with me ?" I asked softly .

"I saw you by yourself so I thought that you needed company ."

"okay ."

"so how are you and masi ?"

"okay I guess . I haven't really got the time to text him ."

"he's worried about you ."

I nod my head . unknowingly , I ended up chewing on my bottom lip .