Ten

Chapter 10

"We have to do something."

Normani sat with Dinah and Luis at a table in the outside cafeteria. They had been the first ones to the table which was unusual because Camila was usually always the first one to the lunch table. Normani was going to take complete advantage of the opportunity though. Luis simply sighed as Dinah shook her head, she had only been filled in by Normani over the weekend and she wanted no parts of the mess that was going on between Lauren and Camila.

"Believe me I've been trying." Luis said with a shake of his head as he glanced around the open area as it began to fill with other students. "But Lauren doesn't want anything to do with Camila right now. Which is understandable." He said as he brought his drink to his lips. "I really think we should give them some space."

"I don't think we have time for that." Normani said with a small laugh. "Camila has completely lost her marbles. I noticed it Saturday when she spent the night, She's totally in a darker place right now and this morning she showed me that she wants to take Lauren down with her." she said before she shivered at the look that had been on Camila's face.

"Well what can we do?" Dinah asked.

"I don't know. I guess we can show them what it was like when they were just friends. We could all hang out together and just have fun like we use too." She said with a nod of her head and looked to the two of her friends for approval but Luis was shaking his head in disagreement while Dinah looked unsure.

"We can't force them to be friends, Mani. Someone just needs to sit Camila down and talk to her." He said with a shrug of his shoulders.

"And who better to do that than Lauren?" she shot back and Luis sighed while running his fingers through his hair.

"I just think-"

"Hey guys!" Camila greeted as she sat down next to Dinah. The three immediately grew silent as she shifted in her seat, smiling to herself as she peeled her banana, completely oblivious to the fact that they had been talking about her.

"Hey Mila, how's it going?" Normani smiled as she turned her attention to her food for the first time since sitting down.

"I got a D on my science test." She pouted slightly with a small shrug of her shoulder. "My parents are gonna be mad at me again." She said and Normani reached over to pat her hand on the table.

"Hey, no worries. I'll go over some of the material with you and you can retake it." She said and Camila immediately perked back up.

"Thanks, Mani" She thanked her before Shawn was sitting down next to her. He wrapped his arm around her waist and kissed her cheek. She smiled over to him and he returned it before he turned towards the others and pulled them into a conversation. Normani watched as she turned her attention back to her food until Lauren slid into the seat next to Luis. The entire table took notice of her foul mood though she hadn't spoken a word.

"You okay?" Luis asked with a raised eyebrow.

"I'm fine." She mumbled and glanced around at the table. Her eyes narrowed. "What the hell is wrong with all of you? If I wanted to be stared at all the damn time then I'd join the fucking circus." She snapped and they all turned their attention away from her before she looked to Luis. "Is there something on my face?" she asked as she motioned towards it and he quickly shook his head. "Jesus" She sighed.

Normani cleared her throat as she looked up once more. "So this Saturday you guys should all come over. We haven't really gotten to hang out together in a while." She said with a shrug of her shoulders while looking around at all of them. Luis was frowning as he stared at her.