Chapter 8

The last few days Shawn and I had been packing everything we needed from my house and his house. We only got a small moving truck, because we didn't need to bring big items of furniture since the new house already had most of it.

Right now Shawn was on his way over here with his family. He was driving his jeep while his parents and Aaliyah drove in their car. The moving truck was going to follow behind them, because they still had to get my things into the truck.

My best friend Emily was here since she had stayed the night. She was getting ready at the minute since she woke up late. She had insisted on staying so she could say goodbye, even though I'd only be living an extra fifteen minutes away from her.

Shawn's jeep and his parents car pulled up outside. My mum was the first one up and out the door to greet them. My dad, Kain and I all followed behind.

"Shawn! You're here!" My mum said excitedly, engulfing him into a hug.

Shouldn't I be the one doing that?  I laughed She's way too eager to get me out of the house.

Shawn looked over my mum's shoulder and saw me standing there beside Kain. He smiled at me and I smiled back, which made Kain elbow me in the side when he looked away.

"Warming up to him already?" He smirked.

"No. We're just starting where we left off. As best friends." I answered bluntly.

"So you friend zoned your fiancé?" He asked in disbelief, his bright blue eyes were wide in shock.

"Not really, but if you want to call it that then you can. He's happy with what we agreed on."

"And what exactly did you agree on?" He asked, curiousness laced in his voice.

"We agreed that we would start off as best friends so things wouldn't be too awkward and that we could work our way up to married couple." I sighed

I turned to look at Kain and noticed that he was looking over at everyone, almost observing everything they were doing...Weird.

"Well I suppose that's a good compromise." He glanced at me and sighed.

"What? Are you gonna miss me?" I joked, trying to lighten up the mood between us.

"Promise me you'll give him a real chance." He looked me right in the eyes.

"Where is this coming from?" I took a step back, not expecting him to say anything like that.

"Don't you see the way he looks at you, Katie? He's so fucking in love with you and you don't even see it."

"W-what?" I was really confused now, nervous even.

"Every single time I've seen him look at you, his face lit up like you're his whole world. He tries to hide his smile but he never hides it well enough for me not to notice." He looked over at everyone again

"I'm telling you now he's going to love you with everything in him until the day he dies."

"H-how do you know that?"

"Just trust me on this one." He answered, seriousness clearly evident in his voice.

"Katie! It's almost time for you and Shawn to go!" My mum shouted from across the garden.