Hermione

After leaving my room I go into the bathroom and undress and turn the shower on. Once I'm comfortable with the temperature I get in, but instead of washing right away, I just stand there with my eyes closed, letting the warm water run over me. What's going on? Why am I even letting him talk to me? It's not like I can trust him! I open my eyes and bite my lip, But what if I can?

I push all the thoughts about Malfoy out of my head and focus on washing my hair. The warm water feels so nice against my skin and I really don't feel like getting out, but I start feeling hungry and I decide to. I get dressed quickly into some plain gray sweatpants and a black v-neck shirt. I brush my hair up into a pony tail and brush my teeth.

I go back to my room and open the door to find Malfoy still laying on my bed reading one of my books and jump a little,"What the hell? Why are you still in here?"

He chuckles and looks up over the book,"Ah, nice to see you." He closes his book and gets out of my bed, he's changed, so he left to get dressed and then came back? "I thought you might've drowned yourself in there or something. You were in there for ages."

"I fight for my life for the past- well as long as I've known Harry, he always seems to get me in life threatening events," I say, sighing,"And you get the idea that I would drown myself? Come on, Malfoy, I would prefer to go out with class, not a naked body in a bathtub," I tut at him sarcastically.

He narrows his eyes at me as if he's trying to figure out if I'm joking or not after a few moments I roll my eyes,"I'm joking, Malfoy, don't take me so seriously. I put my pajamas in my laundry hamper.

"That's what I would've assumed, but also I wasn't aware you could actually joke," he says simply, walking towards me,"Still on for breakfast."

I sigh,"Let me grab my bag."

"Granger, I'll pay."

"Don't be silly, Malfoy, I can pay for myself."

"I'm quite aware you could, but you aren't because I am. Come on, bookworm," he grabs my wrist and pulls me out of my room before I can respond. His hand is cool against my wrist, his skin is soft and smooth, no flaw to be seen, just clear, smooth, pale skin. What the hell am I thinking?! I shake my as if to rid of my previous thoughts. I'm bloody crazy. Thinking of Malfoy in such ways, I mustn't forget the pain he's put my through. I don't know what's with this brilliant idea of his to become friends, but I certainly don't trust it.

"Where are we going to go?"

"I was thinking about maybe going to a muggle restaurant, I've never been to one. I think it would be interesting," he says.

I stop and he looks back at me with a confused expression,"What has gotten into you, Malfoy? This isn't you. I don't understand what you think you're doing or why you're acting like this and it's driving me crazy," I sigh and pull my wrist out of his grasp. "I mean, honestly, last time we saw each other we wouldn't mind hexing each other into oblivion."

"Granger, I grew up surrounded by pureblood families, I don't think you understand that I was practically forced to hate muggle born wizards, I really wish I could go back and fix everything, I really do. But I can't. And this is the closest thing to changing the past possible," he looks at me rather expectantly.

I'm about to say no as I feel a little tug to believe him just this once because maybe it really isn't all his fault. I smile and put out my hand, "Hi. I'm Hermione Granger."

He grins at me and shakes my hand, "It's a pleasure to meet you, Granger, I'm Draco Malfoy. Do you care to accompany for breakfast."

"I don't see why not," with that he puts out his arm for me to take and we walk down the muggle streets looking for a nice café while making small talk.

_ _ _

a.n.

okay so this is like the beginning of them getting close ??

also sorry i haven't update in like 4 years wtf tatum pull yourself together

ANYWays tell me what you think about this chapter I might update again tonight idek

vote, comment, share x