Chapter Five

Chapter Five

The airport was rather hectic in Seattle as we loaded our bags. I stuck mainly with Esme or Bella, listening to their instructions about what I needed to do. They warned me of the possibility of being killed, but Alice assured me that she would try to find evidence of my turning. The only thing that was saving me was my gift but if that didn't cover it, the fact that I was human with it helped.

"He may find you fascinating to keep alive long enough for us to get you out," Alice assured me, even though it was apparent she didn't really believe it herself.

And so, we boarded the plane, heading off toward Italy. I brushed up on my Italian, hoping that maybe I wouldn't be required to see the three kings. But there was a chance that I wouldn't have the luck. And honestly, this frightened me.

I had heard the stories regarding these kings and my new family were very apprehensive about them. I wanted to say of course, back away and leave it all alone. But I also had a feeling that no one really knew them. Or really, they wouldn't allow anyone to really get to know them. Which sounded beyond lonely. But then again, who was I to judge?

And that was the thing. I didn't want to judge them without meeting them first. Even though everyone kept telling me to stay hidden, to hide behind Emmett and not make eye contact. But really? If these guys really wanted to meet me or kill me, then I wouldn't give them the chance to harm my family. They didn't tell me after all.

At the planes descent, I felt my heart pick up in its pace, my legs bouncing with the nervousness. I felt a hand grab mine, looking to see Bella giving me a small smile as she tried to comfort me. I didn't blame her. Going invisible on a plane would not be a very good idea.

"You'll be okay. I promise," Bella whispered to me as we collected our carry on. I followed behind her, keeping my eyes peeled for any odd person. I didn't want my presence to be told before it was time. But by Alice's giggle, I was being overly cautious.

"You'll be fine, Alessa. No one will hurt you."

"Future?"

"Somewhat. They will be shocked and I think you'll end up using your gift by accident. But I can't really see what they'll do," Alice paused before adding, "But you'll be fine. I promise."

Thanks for the confidence boost Alice.

XOXOXOOXOXOXOX

I gripped the seats of the car, grinding my teeth as we went along the twisting road. For some odd reason, everyone thought it would be a good idea for me to ride with Alice, the craziest driver of the bunch. We all had split into two groups, taking two different cars. Alice, of course, picked a sports car and used that to her advantage, forgetting that I was a freaking human. If we wrecked...

"You doing okay back there, princess?" Emmett's teasing tone made me frown at him, hissing slightly when my body hit the side of the car.

"Yeah, perfectly okay," I muttered, gripping tighter when we took another sharp turn.

"We aren't going to wreck," Alice's sure voice made me roll my eyes but I released the seat finally with a groan. My fingers were throbbing painfully with how tightly I griped the seat. But it was finally okay. If Alice was sure we wouldn't wreck, then I guess I could relax...

"Finally," Jasper murmured, taking me by surprise. Jasper looked relieved since I relaxed a bit, which meant my emotions were eating away at him. Sometimes I didn't really like him sensing my emotions. It annoyed me and bothered me at the same time. But I tried not to dwell on it, knowing we were cramped in the small vehicle together for a bit.