There's a Price

*Simon*

Did Baz just kiss me? My sworn enemy?

Does he like me...

No. It's obviously something to do with one of his new schemes. I swear he's always plotting new ways to kill me. But what does this have to do with killing me? I mean...I kind of liked it. It sort of feels wrong, like I'm cheating, but Agatha broke up with me three weeks ago. Otherwise, it felt amazing. Too real to be a dream.

I need to find a way to get him back. I think I'll have some fun with this...

*Baz*

I don't sleep through the rest of the night. I lay with my back facing Snow and stare at the wall. Every once in a while my hand drifts back up to my lips in amazement, but then I mentally kick myself for being a flustered school girl.

I feel like such an idiot right now. What am I going to say? Did he notice or did I just wake him up? Maybe he thought it was a dream? Yeah, I'm sure that's it. If not, I can just convince him he was dreaming. It's Simon Bloody Snow. He has no idea that I like him (Crowley he's thick). 

I must have drifted off sometime in the early hours of the morning because I wake up and he's gone. I sit still and listen for a minute, but there's nothing coming from the bathroom (Snow sounds like a stampede of elephants in the mornings, well...just in general). He must have left already. I give a sigh or relief and get up. At least I can avoid an awkward confrontation now. I grab my clothes from the wardrobe and open the door to the bathroom.

That's the moment when somebody quickly but gently shoves me against the wall.

"Snow?"

*Simon*

I lean against the door and hear his footsteps padding across the floor. I knew that if I wanted to get his attention without any snarky comments, I'd have to catch him off guard. The doorknob twists and I back up as the door swings open. 

There he is.

I shake my head quick to get my head back in the game and remember what I'm trying to do. As quickly and gently as I can, I push him towards the wall, trying to be aware of the anathema. He stares up at me shocked, eyes wide, mouth gaping. Not that I was looking at his mouth...

"Snow?" he asks shocked.

I'm now realizing there was probably a better way to do this...oh well.

I look up at him trying to remember the speech that I had planned out. Crap. 

"Did you really think that you would get away with that," I ask in a deadly calm voice.

His mouth closes and his face turns blank once again. "I have no idea what you're talking about, Snow. Now if you plea-"

"NO," I shout. I lower my voice as I see his eyes widen. "No," I repeat. "You know what you did and I know what you did."

"Fine," he spats. "So what do you want? An apology? An explanation? It doesn't matter either way. Nobody will believe you."

My eyebrows pull together in confusion. "Believe me? What are you-no I wasn't going to tell anybody!"

"Then what do you want!"

My fists tighten where they're balled up in his shirt and I pull myself towards him. 

"I wanted to tell you," I say lowering my voice. "That you don't just get to do that and walk away."

His face contorts into a rare expression of confusion with raised eyebrows, widened eyes, and slightly parted lips (Not that I was looking at his lips...again). "What do you mean?" We're so close that I can feel his breath on my face.

"I mean, there's a price," I manage to get out.

"And what's that?"

"This," I say in a rush and shove my face towards his. He's completely still, frozen, in shock I'm guessing. Then his hands are in my hair and mine are on his cheeks and he's pushing back at me. I push back and pull away quickly, panting.

"There," I say breathlessly. "The price is paid." I quickly rush out of the room, leaving a breathless Baz behind.

But I could've sworn I heard him say something before I left. 

"No, it's not."