SHUT UP

A/N Before you read this, just know that yes, I do quote How to Train Your Dragon. (My absolute favorite movie in the universe tbh.) You may continue.

*Simon*

"WHAT IS GOING ON?!"

I spring off of Baz in shock only to get my foot caught on Baz's leg and fall to the ground with a thud. Baz gives me a blank look while Penny stands there gaping.

"Ow..."

"Crowley Snow, could you make an even bigger scene," Baz hisses.

"Oh sod off," I retort.

"Okay, I knew this was gonna happen eventually, but how did this escalate so quickly," Penny questions.

"Wait, you knew this was gonna happen," I sputter.

"It's obviously Snow's fault," Baz states matter-of-factly. "He's the one who bit me."

"Woah! I did not-" Penny starts.

"That's a lie," I protest.

"Are you kidding me Snow?! You're the one who-"

"You kissed me in my sleep! How was I-"

"Wait what," I hear Penny exclaim, but we keep going.

"YOU BIT MY FUCKING NOSE AND YOU-"

"YOU JUST DISAPPEARED WHAT ELSE WAS I SUPPOSED TO DO?! I THOUGHT-"

"WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND THINKS 'OH, BITING SOMEBODY'S NOSE WILL MAKE EVERYTHING BETTER!' LIKE WHAT THE HELL-

"I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW I LIKED YOU UNTIL TWO DAYS AGO AND THEN YOU SAY YOU LOVE ME-"

"YOU ASSAULTED ME IN THE BATHROOM!"

"SHUT UP!!!"

The magic in her words instantly cease our argument. We both turn and look at her still standing in the doorway, thinking. I glance over at Baz and he shrugs. Her head snaps up.

"Wait! Has this been happening for the past two weeks," Penny exclaims.

"....maybe," I mumble.

"Why didn't you tell me," she bursts. "I'm your best friend! I mean I understand about Agatha, but me?!"

Footsteps sound in the hallway that cause our heads to turn.

"Hey, I don't mean to pry-"

"Too late Naill," Penny says stepping away from his peeking form in the doorway.

He glares at her. "But, um, Baz..."

"Not. Now," Baz grits out through clenched teeth.

Niall shakes his head disappointed. "We all knew this was gonna happen anyway. Once you start hanging out with the mage's minions, you become one of them," he walks out leaving the room in dead silence except for the sound of his fading steps in the hallway.

Baz clenches his teeth tighter, if that's even possible, and closes his eyes for a few seconds before he lets out a shaky breath. You can practically see steam coming out of his ears.

"...are you okay," I ask tentatively and take a step closer to him. I place my hand on his arm.

"I'm-" he stops and shakes his head. He turns towards me and jerks his arm away. "This is all you fault," he starts in a steely voice. "I never should have believed you," he spits with shiny eyes and stomps out.

"Okay, I'm not sure what the hell just happened," Penny starts. "But you need to fix this."

"I know," I say quietly.

"So...what are you going to do," she asks crossing her arms.

"Um, probably something stupid," I mutter.

"Good, but you've already done that."

"...then something crazy," I say and rush out the door.

"That's more like it," I hear her shout as I run down the hall.

~~~~~~~~~~

*Baz*

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

How could I be so stupid? What made me think that this was ever going to work out? He's Simon Snow and I'm...me. I never should have thought it was even possible. We're literally destined to kill one another and I was hoping for the exact opposite. What the hell is wrong with me?

All of a sudden the doors to the dining hall fly open and all talking stops so that the sound of footsteps echo through out the room.

"TYRANNUS BASILTON GRIMM PITCH!"

I look up then and see, yep, you guessed it, Simon Fucking Snow. And he's angry. And I mean completely ticked. He's glaring at me as if he's about to skin me alive.

I slowly stand up from my chair and walk towards him.

"What. The hell. Do you want...Snow," I say so only he can hear. I'm standing two feet away from him and I'm worried he might be able to hear my speeding heart. It's the only thing that I can hear.

"You. I want you, you fucking idiot," he whispers taking a step closer. I start to look away, but he grabs my chin. "You know you can't just say that to a guy and walk away," he says as a smile starts to grow on his face. I'm starting to hear murmurs around us, but I'm too focused on how bright his smile is.

"I love you too."

He places his other hand on the other side of my face and pulls me down to meet him. I react instantly, my hands moving to his neck, right against his pulse. I smile against his lips when I realize that his pulse is just as fast as mine. He's so warm and alive. His lips move against mine reassuringly, telling me a message that he doesn't need to say aloud.

"Everything will be fine. It's all going to work out."

Before I can process anything he pulls away and leans his forehead against mine as we catch our breath. Only then do I realize the uproar that we've caused. Everybody's pointing and shouting Niall is standing there completely dumbstruck.

"Hey..." I turn back towards him. "Payback's a bitch." And with that he runs off before stopping at the entrance of the dining hall. "Oh, and the name's Simon," he says before sprinting off.

"SIMON, YOU BLOODY PRICK!"

And I take off after him.

A/N It's been five years since I wrote this? I haven't yet read the sequels to Carry On, but I plan on it. I also started writing again this year after a five year hiatus. After reading Carry On, I reread it to the point that my hardcover book looks beat up, but I just read it that often. So if the sequels instill the same reactions from me, I'd expect some more content on here. Let me know if the sequels give the same energy. :)