Don't Be An Idiot, Snow

A/N The next chapter will be the last chapter, unfortunately. But I'm thinking of maybe writing a sequel in the future! Enjoy! 

*Baz*

I can't do this anymore.

I know that I should be fighting back, but I can't. I'm too hung up on how long this will last because I know this all come to an end. I don't want it to, but I know it's only a matter of time. I'm still not even sure what's going on between us. All I know is that I'm going to need a warning before this stops. I'll need time to adjust back to how things used to be.

I hesitate at the door, my hand just hovering over the knob. Should I?

I open the door and come face to face with him.

"Oh," he says wide eyed. "I was just going..."he trails off, gesturing to the door.

"Sorry," I mumble and step aside. My gaze moves towards the ground.

"Baz?" His voice is soft, unsure. "What's wrong," he says as a statement, not a question.

"Nothing-"

"No," he says with more force. He takes a step closer and looks up at me. "Tell me," he says quieter this time.

"I..." I'm at a loss for words.

He takes one step closer and leans up so our foreheads are touching. I let out a strangled sigh.

"When?"

"What do you mean," he whispers.

"Don't be an idiot, Snow. We both know this is going to end. It's just a matter of time." I hesitate before I continue. "I'll need a fair warning, so I can get over you."

"What," he asks, baffled. He steps away. My frown deepens. "End?"

"Yes, Snow," I begin. "We bot-" 

I don't get to finish. His lips are on mine once more. I let out a groan of pleasure and move my hands to either side of his face whilst I push back.  He gently pushes me against the door and tilts his head to deepen the kiss. But this one isn't like the others. This one is soft and gentle. It's reassuring. His hands are everywhere, leaving warm trails across my body. I'm tempted to look and see if there's golden trails of the sun across my arms. Half of my mind is convinced that there will be. The other half is too occupied by the feeling of my hands in his hair.

"Simon," he breathes as he pulls away. "You called me Simon before."

He looks up at me and all I see is blue. For a split second, I'm tempted to paint the walls of every room in Watford in the color. I don't think I'll ever get tired of looking into his eyes.

"Simon," I breathe, my lips brushing against his as I speak.

"I don't want this to end," he states. Despite my best efforts, a smile forms on my lips. He smiles back against mine. "It doesn't have to."

"But what about the Mage," I begin and my smile falls. "My family, the humdrum..."

"...Screw them," he states and shoves his face towards mine.

*Simon*

I'm not sure what exactly our conversation accomplished, but I feel like we solved something. 

I drag him from the door and we end up on his bed. He's on his back and I'm above him, kissing him. Every once in a while, I hold myself above him, teasingly. Every single time he leans up to tackle me back down. I never thought I'd have this influence over Baz.

I also figured something else out. That look he always had, when I thought he was plotting, he has that look very often. I'm starting to think that it doesn't mean he's plotting.

I pull back for a moment as I realize something.

"Baz," I start.

"Yes," he answers, his voice deep. (I really like that sound.)

"I think...I like you," I smile.

"Well I'd hope so."

"No, I mean, I really like you." My smile widens and I fear that it might grow bigger than my face can manage. "I really..." I kiss his neck. "really..." I move to his jaw. "really..." I move to his cheek. "Like you," I finish against his lips.

"Simon," he says and takes my face in his hands. "I'm in love with you."

Three things happen at once.

My heart stops. 

He moves his mouth against mine once more.

The door bursts open.

"HOLY SHIT!"