9 - Quentin

It was another half moon and Sky and I were in a swap. Sky had just left to get fire wood and the moon was rising. I knew what happened to me last time and I didn't want that to happen again, I had to hide. There was a witch hut a few blocks away and with the extra wood planks I had I boarded up the whole house. It was a restless night for me. I heard Sky calling out for me more than half the night but I couldn't say anything. From what I had collected if I'm in moon light Enderlox has a better chance of coming out but still it took all of my will power to keep him deep down. How long would I have to do this? Hide from my friends? Would I ever be able to trust them, or would I get  approval from Notch. Maybe I could find a cure for this thing inside of me. I heard a couple of zombies around my hut and some near Sky's base but within a couple of seconds all you could hear was the groans of dead zombies. I closed my eyes for two seconds and let my guard down, when I did I wished I hadn't reopened my eyes. The forest we were staying in was burning down rapidly. First off I didn't know how I had gotten out of that hut or if my eyes were playing tricks on me trying to make Enderlox come out, but when I looked down I realized I was too late. I was at least twenty blocks off the ground. My eyes widen as my breath slowed.

"Ty! Ty!" Something was violently shaking me as I jolted up eyes wide and alert. "I'm sorry!" I said in instinct throwing my hands up. "I should've told you about my magic but I didn't want to loose you as a friend and I'm to afraid to go back to my mom now! Please don't leave I'll try my hardest to control it." Sky tilted his head at me. "What are you talking about? It's time to go find the mudkips. My eyes widened putting my hands down. "Oh, it was just a dream then." I mumbled. Sky laughs sitting down next to me. "Now is there anything you want to tell me?" I put my head in my hands. "I have magic." I mumbled. He laughed again. "You don't think I already knew that? Ty I know what part you play in the prophecy. I found you by tracking your magic." Sky explained. So then he knew I was Enderlox? "So you know about that thing..." I point to my heart. Sky turned his head slightly. "I don't know what you're talking about, if you mean your magic then yes." He didn't know about Enderlox, he only know about magic. That was a relief. "N-Nevermind, let's go."

Sky started talking to me about his magic, it was sorcerery magic like mine but he was way more advanced than I was. He was also a talented swords man, he was the fastest I've ever seen. I had a lot to learn but thankfully I had a great friend by my side to teach me. As we walked through the forest Sky had me muttering spells or him throwing small fire balls at me to keep me on my toes.

Once we got pretty deep into the forest we stopped, the trees were burning down, rapidly. "What happened." I mumbled Sky shook his head expecting on of the trees that had already burned down. "It was a group of hunter." Sky said after a period of silence. "Dad? No! Dad, hold on I'll help you." a timid voice said, my ears perked toward the voice. I looked at sky and he nodded. We pulled out our swords and ran towards the voice.

As we ran deeper into the forest it got harder to breathe and I don't know how I didn't pass out but we made it into a little clearing no bigger than a simple house or two. A pond was at the opposite end of the clearing and started a river than flowed rappidly downstream. If you fell in it would be a miracle to survive. Right next to the river were two hazy figures and as we made our way out of the smoke my jaw dropped. Two real life mudkips were on the ground. "Mudkips." I breathed out. Sky approached them quietly, putting his sword up. "Excuse me," he said looking at the younger mudkip, the other one laying on the ground hissed at us with the last of his energy. Sky did go any closer. "Sir, we are not here to hurt you." The younger mudkip looked frozen in fear, Sky bent down and sat on the ground. "Hi, what's your name?" Sky asked smiling at the young mudkip. "Q-Quentin." His lip was trembling. "Help my dad! Please!" Quentin started crying and Sky told me to come up next to him, so I did. "Hi Quentin, I'm Ty." Quentin nodded slightly. "Can you help my dad?" I looked at Sky and he nodded. "We are going to try." Quentins tears disappeared almost instantly. "Oh thank you! Thank you! Let me go get some herbs and tools you might need!" Quentin ran off. "We can't heal him.." Sky commented "He's already dead, if we tried to heal him anyway it might change the outcome of the Prophecy. Quentin's whole village was supposed to die, except for him." I nodded. "Okay, then we can't help him, what are we supposed to do?" Sky shook his head, "I don't know..." Right then and  there Quentin appeared. "Here's my medical kit!" Quentin handed us a medical kit and I bit my lip. I looked at Sky and he nodded.

"Quentin, we tried, listen buddy I'm sorry, your dad is.. dead." I said quietly. His face dropped as tears appeared in the corner of his eyes. "Hey, now don't cry," Sky started "how about you travel with us, you want to be a doctor? With us you can be. We can teach you and you can travel the world. How does that sound? We'll take care of you, I promise." Quentin looked around, sniffling. "M-My whole village is gone." I nodded sadly. "I'm sorry Quentin." After a while, Quentin finally nodded slightly. "Okay, I'll go with you." He said quietly. I looked at Sky and he smiled and nodded. We got up and refilled out supplies, getting water from the river and looking around for any leftover food since our supplies were getting low. We camped out in the clearing that night and showed Quentin our powers; he pretty amazed and stayed up past midnight until he fell asleep your magic tricks. That morning we got up early in the morning and packed up camp, we got out our map and decided on the next journey we would go to; the South Village; looking for cake.