1

1 year, 3 months, & 4 days after it all

I wake up with a start. Another nightmare. They won't go away. They're always almost the same thing. The leader of the Mogadorians, my grandfather, Setrákus Ra, has survived our final battle with him and has come to take me back into the Anubis to destroy the Earth together.
Of course, that can't be true, because I saw the destruction of the Anubis with my own eyes. But that doesn't stop me from believing it in my dreams. My mind is a scary place, haunted with everybody's thoughts, and visions of the future, which mostly include death.

I was given this legacy by Lorien herself, which I am supposed to cherish, but I have learned to despise it. Other than on the rare occasion that it is helpful, mostly, it tears my mind apart and makes me have to make the toughest of decisions.

One of the toughest decisions that I had to make was Sarah Hart dying at the hands of the Mogadorians, so that all of us would live. Sometimes I have nightmares of John strangling me against a wall because of this choice. But I think he understands what was at stake... I hope.

From being with him for over a year in the Himalayas, I've learned a lot that I didn't know about John Smith from Paradise, Ohio. For instance, he takes cold showers. He explained it to me, it's because his skin is resistant to heat. I could've put the pieces together, but I never really had the time to think about it before. He also likes hot dogs more than hamburgers, and likes the color purple. But he made sure I knew that he meant the purple as in lavender or wildflowers, not Phiri Dun-Ra's twisted augmentation icicles.

We never cared or had the time to think about these kinds of personal things before everything ended. But now that it's after it all, we have time to think about things other than jumping from country to country, state to state, and the quickest way to ash a Mog.
Now we can care for each other, for other reasons than the fact that we are the last of our kind, trying to stay alive on a foreign planet where our greatest enemies have invaded in order to find and kill us all one by one. Finally, it's all over.

Well, we still have one major thing to do, but at least it doesn't involve staying in hiding or killing Mogs. We have to go home. We have to go to Lorien. Back to the place I don't remember at all, I was just an infant, born to the child of Setrákus Ra, the one who wanted us all dead. Oh the irony.

The others haven't brought it up yet. Well actually, we all just reunited here in the Himalayas about a month ago. Either they are focused on getting humanity back on track, and training the LANES, or they are too scared to bring it up. Too nervous of what Lorien will be like when we land. How much needs to be rebuilt. But hopefully not, the reason they haven't brought up going home is because they don't want to return. They don't think that Lorien is their planet anymore. I try not to think about this, but it comes to my mind now and again. I just hope none of them think that this is their home now.

No matter what, I'm going home. Even though I was there for but a few minutes or an hour, I feel homesick. Homesick for a home I never knew.

But I will be there soon, feeling the fresh air blow across my face, running through the lush green forest, and climbing to the tops of the red mountains.

I am Ella, and I used to be called Number Ten. But we are done with numbers.
And I am going home.