50 • ELLA

We made it! 50 chapters and still a lot to go. A huge thank you to all of my readers for supporting me! Hope you like this one!
-Braden

1 year, 3 months, and 19 days after it all
ELLA

Even though we had gotten onto the island, once we set up in the abandoned house, explored, ate, and planned everything out, well, doing anything didn't seem like a good idea, at least until the next day. And that day happens to be today.

When we started to plan everything out, we honestly didn't know much about this thing, whatever it is, we don't even know what really to call it. So planning took forever, and mostly consisted of us trying to figure out what it is, why it's taking Legacy's energy, and why Setràkus Ra appeared in my vision. While on that same subject, Six told us all about her experience, where her control over her body was taken, giving the entity (or at least that's what I call it) a chance to pull us straight toward it, but of course through a wall first. We would be dead and it's last roadblock to taking Legacy's last ounces of energy within this planet would be out of the way.

Six told us that she didn't go into a dream or a vision, where she saw Setràkus, or anyone else or anything else. She said that her eyes were dead set on the road ahead, on the light, the entity. And then she lost control of her body, her foot remained on the pedal, her hands still on the wheel, but it wasn't her doing it. She tried to move her foot to slow down when it sank onto the pedal, but with no avail. She tried to turn the wheel to avoid crashing right into the brick wall of the abandoned yet pristine church, but something wouldn't let her. She tried to speak, she tried to scream, to tell us what was going on and that we had to do something, but her lips wouldn't move. Her eyes remained on the light this whole time, never moving away. She says she thinks the entity inside took over her body, and it decided that we had to die.

If not for our telekinesis, we would have met that fate, that very end that it seemed to want for us so badly. I didn't say this aloud, in fear that it would smother the hope and enthusiasm in us all that we're trying to hang onto, but I thought about that a lot, and it really confused me. If the entity has the power to make me faint and go into a coma-like state, and it can take over Six's body and make her do whatever it wants her to, how could it not stop us from using our telekinesis on it? Couldn't it just make us all faint, or take over all of our bodies, impairing us all and our intentions to stay alive, to not drive straight into the wall at ninety miles an hour? I guess the question isn't "could it have done it?", it's "why didn't it?". Why would it want to keep us alive, let us live, go on, and plot to destroy it? This is the thing that scares me the most. It could have killed us then, in an instant, but instead it let us live. At what cost?

"Ella, are you okay?" It's Adam. I look over at him, his hand on my shoulder, and I nod.

"Yes, I'm fine. Just thinking. A lot to think about," I say, hoping he doesn't ask anything else, I don't want anyone to bear the same thoughts and same fears as I do. I may not have visions, nightmares, and deaths floating around in my mind right now, but I still hold the same burden, knowing that this entity holds within it much more power than we could possibly imagine, maybe more than Setràkus Ra himself.

I walk down the couple of steps I was up on, standing, holding onto the brass-colored wooden railing, leading up to an upstairs which is just as abandoned and eerie as the downstairs. I shake that thought out of my head. I can't afford to think about my great-grandfather, leader of the Mogadorians, who stood for everything evil and gruesome in this world. He wanted me to lead with him, he wanted me to follow in his footsteps. I shake my head, vowing to myself to not think of any of this. He's dead, and this entity will be too, soon. As I walk through the main floor, through the kitchen, the dining room, the doorway, sand spilling in and covering everything inside, I fill my mind with thoughts of Lorien, thoughts of home.

Nine is outside, his eyes on the church, in deep thought. Most of the others are out here as well, some of them doing the same as Nine, with the same awestrucken yet fearful look in their eyes. I walk over to Marina, whose eyes aren't on the church, instead they linger toward the other side of the island, where nothing but collapsed houses and sand lies.

"What are you thinking about?" I ask her, and she turns around to face me. She isn't in a daze of fearful thoughts, her mind isn't on what is coming, at least in the near future, meaning today. She's thinking about something else.

"Home," she says, affirming what I had hoped. Someone with hope in their eyes instead of fear. "We'll be there soon," she says, her eyes looking up to the blue sky above us.

"I know," I say, hoping she doesn't sense the fear creeping into me, eating away at me, threatening my sanity and the fate of everything within me.

"Guys," I hear Sam's voice behind me, which startles me. I had forgotten about the others for just a moment.

"What is it?" I ask, looking up to see his fear-filled eyes, and all the remaining hope inside me drains. I can tell something is seriously wrong.

"The car is gone," we all look over to the church, and somehow we had completely overlooked its existence, or the fact that it was missing.

"So....what? Did somebody move it? Nobody stole it, Sam," Six tells him, laughing.

"John's missing. I haven't seen him all morning. He's gone. And he took the car with him."