Chapter 18: Something to Be Thankful For

Aubrey spun around the entrance of Eros's enormous Greek home. She was in awe. She thought The Golden Arrow was impressive, but this was clearly a mansion made for a god. Not to mention it was on its own private Greek island, away from human eyes.

"Happy Thanksgiving!" a cheerful voice called from the top of the marble staircase that curved around the large foyer.

"Ah, darling," Eros greeted, "Come meet Aubrey. Aubrey, this is Psyche, my beautiful wife."

Before Aubrey could blink, Psyche was standing before them, hand extended. "I'm so pleased to finally meet you."

"It's nice to finely meet you too," Aubrey said. The genuine smile on Psyche's rosy lips caused Aubrey to flash her own smirk. There was something warm about the former goddess that Aubrey instantly liked.

"Please, make yourself at home," said Psyche as she escorted them towards the beautiful dinning room. "You are family after all. And it's so good to have family around for the holidays! Wouldn't you agree?"

"Uh, yeah." Aubrey was beginning to regret her choice as the flashback of her little escape from Ares's headquarters soared through her mind. "Will there be a lot of...um... family here?"

"Oh, just the usual. Harmony, Tyche, Anteros, and Dione. Timor usually comes with Deimos, but I don't expect them to show this year since they've decided to start another silly war."

"They will most likely be at the feast," Eros informed Aubrey. It was as if he knew what she worried about. "We will deal with their anger then."

"The feast?" Aubrey asked. Something in the back of her mind told her he had mentioned it before.

"Yes, the annual Olympian Feast. Of course, other deities attend too, but we always return to Olympus to celebrate. It falls between Christmas and New Years. And yes, you will attend."

Before Aubrey could object, a man burst through the room. "My family!" he greeted. His arms were held outward to receive hugs from Psyche. The man looked so much like Eros but his hair was quite longer.

"Anteros!" Eros called before pulling him into a warm embrace. "It's good to see you, brother."

"You too," Anteros said. He looked up at Aubrey as he pulled away from Eros. "And who is this beautiful specimen?"

"Ah, yes. Anteros meet our sister, Aubrey."

Anteros smiled wide. "Damn we are a good looking family."

Aubrey had no chance to respond as Psyche pulled her around the room to introduce her to the rest of the family that had arrived. She was happy for the interruption because she wasn't sure how one was supposed to react to such a statement.

"This is Harmonia," Psyche said as she gestured to the tall dark blonde woman in a gorgeous Bohemian dress.

"Please, call me Harmony," the woman said with a sweet smile.

Aubrey smiled in return. She knew from Eros's many history lessons that Harmony was her sister. The thought warmed her. Celeste was the closest thing she had to a sister.

Psyche continued the introductions as Aubrey greeted her half sister Tyche, and grandmother, Dione. She had hardly had time to speak with them before Psyche ushered everyone to the table for dinner.