Inuyasha speaks

I pace in speed as I carry Kagome on my back. She said she feels a jewel shard nearby us as we rest before all this.

But though this happenings on go physically, mentally, I still can't help but think of Kikyo. The last time I held her soft hands before she disappeared in the deep green forest of the feudal era. She did that for the sake for everyone esle. That's my Kikyo! Someone to be proud off.

I then just snapped out of my mind when I heard Kagome speak my name in her weakest tone ever.

I don't know what to say. I felt so sorry for her, about Kikyo's thought that she loves me. But I don't wanna leave her hanging so I just uttered her name back.

I cannot see her expression but I feel she's frowning. She's so sad and stressed.

"Inuyasha, why..."

She cut her statement and I felt like she embrassed me from my neck instead of her hanging on it for dear life.

"why did Kikyo left?"

I was about to answer her back when suddenly she continued her statement again, "Is it because of me?"

"No! Kagome don't act like that. She left for something important. She needed something to do on her own. That we never need to be in."

I felt my something drop on my neck. But I never seemed to mind it. I must focus my way or esle.

"Inuyasha! The jewel shard's presence is littling. We need to go faster" she said acting all okay but at the back of her voice was full sadness that she seems to hide from me.

I did not seem to point out to her why she acted that way because I felt a demon, wolf, and a human near us. So maybe they are responsible for the losing of the presence of the shard that Kagome is picking up earlier.

"Damn it! That's ours!" I thought.

"I know!", I said, "hey guys! pick up your pace!", I said to Sango and Miroko just behind us. After that quick reminder, they gave a nod OKAY, and I speed up myself telling Kagome to hold on tight.

From then, I had not bothered myself thinking about Kikyo as the things going on now seems to be seriously about life or deadth. I cannot let those 3 get the shards. Maybe, they might be minions of Naraku. Or even not, I just can't! Those should be ours. In good hands.