Losing A Best Friend

Normal P.O.V

Yona laughed as Suwon made a joke to his band members. They were walking home from the coffee shop down the street. Suwon had his arm wrapped around Yona's waist, and she blushed while he did so. She couldn't help but have feelings for him. She had known him since they were kids, and they had been friends ever since, they were even a part of a trio with another kid. 

"I'll catch up with you guys later, okay? I got to talk to Yona." Suwon smiled as he pushed back his long golden brown hair. He and Yona walked slower towards her house as the rest of the band left. 

"Whats wrong?" She asked. Was he finally going to ask her out? She got excited even thinking about it, but she knew she had to stay calm. Suwon smiled at her with his boyish smile.

"Yona, listen. You know I think you are great and all.." He stopped. Her face got a little warmer. Luckily it was night time so he wouldn't be able to tell.  "But me and the guys have been talking, and we honestly think it would be best if we found a better singer." He said. Yona's mouthed dropped as she looked into his eyes. He was completely serious.

She slapped his cheek. "After all this time? You think I am a bad singer, huh? At least Hak would never treat me this way!" She yelled at him as his eyes widened. That was a name he hadn't heard since grade school. 

"Well, if you love Hak so much, go join his band!" He shouted back at her, but he wanted her to stay. He had feelings for Yona, but the band wanted another singer and so didn't he. But he wanted her to stay with him by his side after that. She laughed at him then threw the necklace she was wearing at his feet.

"Fine! I just might!" She ran off crying to her house and stormed up the stairs. He sighed to himself realizing he just lost his best friend and his possible future girlfriend. 

"Damnit!" He slapped his head and picked up the necklace she threw at his feet. "Way to go, Suwon. Way to go." He put the necklace in his pocket. It was the necklace he bought for her for her sixteenth birthday this past year and she wore it ever since without taking it off. And of course he noticed, he was hoping she would wear it. 

But he knows now that Yona will do everything in spite of him, because that is how Yona is. Now she was going to go running to Hak, who Suwon despised and was deeply jealous of. He always made it his mission to make Yona like him better than Hak. He didn't want any competition as they grew up. When they got to grade school, Suwon and Hak got into a fight over Yona on Valentines day and she didn't even understand that they both had feelings for her. She tried to stop the fight, but Hak and Suwon accidentally hit her, making her have a nosebleed. From that day, Suwon always told Yona that it was Hak who hit her, and she believed him.  Well, why shouldn't you believe your best friend when they tell you something?Hak then stopped being around Yona and Suwon and hung out with another kid named Yun.

He walked home sighing to himself. They already knew who they were going to ask to be there new singer, but he still felt bad. Now his best friend is going to run to the guy who he took away from from the start. He didn't know what was going to happen at this point. Maybe just maybe she will come to school tomorrow and forgive him and want to stay with him and not Hak.

This was by far more stressful than anything in his life.

"I'm sorry, Yona."