Old Stories

Hak's P.O.V

I don't think I will ever get used to seeing the crimsonette sitting on my couch with my friends laughing. It was pretty odd for Yona to come out of the clear blue and ask me to join our band, but I always knew that Suwon would eventually kick her out of his little circle, but after time went on I truly thought he had feelings for her considering they have been together for years.

"Is it true you dated Suwon?" Jaeha asked her. I looked up to see her face have a fake smile.

"We never officially dated no." She replied as there eyes all went wide. Its been about a week since she came to join our band and she's been coming over to learn about the band members and learn about the band itself to fully understand everything every day. It was pretty shocking. I threw my ball straight up into the air catching it. "You still do that?"

I looked at Yona to see her smiling at me, then I looked away. "Yeah, can't believe you remember that I did that." I mumbled. Jeno smirked then busted out laughing.

"Are you embarrassed, Hak?" Jeno asked me as I punched him making him fall over off the arm of my couch.

"Why would I be? Its just Yona. Not like she could charm me." I stated then realized that was a little bit harsh. But when I looked back at her she just had a smile on her face.

"You always said that when we were kids. How cute." She laughed. I blushed looking down at the ground.

"So, in that case you are single right?" Gija asked her. Everyone looked at him then to her including myself. Her face turned red as the silence went on.

"W-well yeah." She answered him.

"Well, would you like to go-" I smashed his head making him cry out. "HEY!"

"Shut up. She's only here for the band. So, in that case, do you play any instruments?" I cracked my neck grabbing bottles of water and passing one to every body. Yona nodded her head no then taking a sip of her water.

"I only sing. Is that bad?" She asked me.

"No, because all these guys play instruments. Like, Sinha here plays the drums. Gija plays the keyboard, Jeno plays bass, and Jaeha and I play guitars. So it'll work out evenly if you just sing. So, lets here it. Been a while since I've heard your voice anyway." I leaned in her face a little seeing her smile out of nervousness. I honestly don't know if she can handle being in a band full of guys with the way we act.

"R-right." She replied as all the guys surrounded her. She looked over at me as I leaned against the wall.

She opened her mouth to start singing as the lyrics to Dangerous Woman came out by Ariana Grande. That song was hard to do, let alone sing perfectly like she was doing. All of the guys mouth dropped as she got the chorus of the song then she looked at me. It was intense having her singing that song while looking at me. Her voice was beautiful, sexy and perfect and I was going to hear that all the time.

She stopped and we were all speechless. "Come on, Hak. You've heard me sing before." She laughed awkwardly. I decided since I had her again, I was going to tease her as much as I can knowing she blushes so easily.

"Yeah I have. But not songs about making you feel dangerous." I looked into her eyes as her face turned slightly red.

"You were decent." Yun finally spoke up. All the guys including myself looked at him with the strangest looks on our face. "Don't get me wrong, you have a beautiful voice. But they'res a few problems, your voice sounds sad when you sing. I don't know if its because you went through something or it just how you've always sounded. Hak, has she always sounded sad when singing?" Yun asked me as I sat across from Yona.

"N-not that I know of." I answered him and Yun nodded his head.

"My point exactly. I will work on that with you, and your other problem is you are afraid to hit high notes. You have the voice for it, so go for it. Sure you can make mistakes, but thats why you practice." Yun stood up and pet Yona's head grabbing his bag. "I'll see you guys tomorrow in the auditorium. Sinha, lets go." Sinha noded as they both left.

"Thanks.." Yona mumbled to herself. Jaeha and Gija moved closer to her putting there hands on her knees.

"We think it was beautiful. He just being a crabby pants like everyday." Gija told her. Jaeha nodded in agreement.

"If you ever feel lonely or you want someone to talk to, we are in dorm 440B." Jaeha kissed her hand as her eyes widened.

"Thank you, but thats what I got Hak for." She smiled at them as they both looked shocked and looked at me. I could feel myself blush a little so I looked to the side making it look like I was searching for something.

"But Hak is insensitive." Gija pouted slightly. I glared at him.

"No he isn't. When my mother passed away, he was always there for me along with Suwon. But he wasn't always there unlike Hak. Hak also told my father that he would become my body guard and protect me because I was Princess Yona. He called me that because my father owns a company and they call him a king. It was so adorable hearing him call me that." She said. She remembered that? That was over ten years ago.

"Wow, didn't take Hak being known as adorable." Jaeha smirked. "Wait, does that mean you have stories about Hak no one else knows?" Him and Gija got in her face. Jeno shot up from the ground where I punched him.

"Of course I do. There was one time when Hak and I were singing together in my fathers company office while he was in a meeting and-" I stopped her by standing up.

"Lets not finish that story. Jaeha, Gija goodnight." I grabbed both of their arms pulling them to the door.

"But-" I shoved the out then slammed the door in there face and sighed to myself. Yona is going to be the death of me.

"Well, on that note. I'm taking a shower." Jeno kissed Yona's cheek.

"What was that for?" She asked him smiling at him.

"For making our days better." Jeno smiled like a little boy then went to the bathroom. Yona grabbed her bag and came up to the door where I was standing.

"I should have asked permission before telling stories." She said looking up at me. I got down in her face.

"What else do you remember from when we were kids?" I asked her looking into her purple eyes.

"I remember everything from you holding my hand at camp to you fighting over me back in grade school." She laughed remembering.

"Oh, you remember that still." I mumbled to myself. I was hoping she didn't because that was embarrassing.

"But don't worry, I understood. We were kids, and you both liked me." She moved her crimson hair out of her face to see me better. "But its clearly not like that now. Suwon kicked me to the curb, and you have become tall, muscular and attractive and could get any girl you want. You both grew up realizing I was not your only option. I will admit, it hurts a little, but I will survive." She laughed quietly. I wanted to tell her that I didn't want any girl, but that I still liked her since we were kids, but she wouldn't acknowledge my feelings because of Suwon or she would probably think I am lying.

"You think I'm muscular and attractive?" I smirked leaning down closer to her face with our lips only inches apart. Her face turned red and she looked away.

"Y-yeah." She blushed then made the mistake of looking back into my eyes. My heart was pounding harder and harder. We stood there in silence as we both stared at one another passionately.

*RING RING*

Her phone rung and she took it out of her pocket. "Suwon.." She said quietly enough where I barely heard her.

"Of course. Must answer it. Talk to you tomorrow, Yona. Bye." I opened the door for her as she took one step out then turned around.

"Wait, Hak-" I closed the door pretending I didn't hear her. It was always Suwon to ruin everything in my life. I should have known he would ruin this somehow yet he was the cause of it.

I truly hated him.