Chapter 8

Summer:

“Slow down Summer,” dad yelled from downstairs when he saw me jumping here and there and walking fast.

“Yeah…. Yeah dad,” I mumbled and wore my brown jacket.

When I came downstairs, I saw him reading some papers in one hand and eating the cereals with another hand. He had those small reading glass over his nose and reading through them. I walked to him and kissed on his cheek.

“Good morning dad, good morning Jenny,” I called over her. She turned from her counter and smiled at me.

I took out the toast and began to apply butter to it and shoved it into my mouth. I took a glass of milk and drank it quickly.

“What so hurry, sweetheart,” my dad looked away from his breakfast and looked at me.

“Actually….. I ….. Have …” I said while eating but cut off when he raised his hand to stop me.

“First eat and then talk” he gave me a warning and I saluted. Once finished, I told them about my campaign. They congratulated me and wished my good luck. Dad always knows that I would do these things as I already done them in my pervious school. But Jenny was bit shocked but latter felt proud of me.

“So where is Jay?” I asked her.

“Jay? He already left with Jessica, they have a special date today,” she said smilingly and went away to keep her bowl in sink. My face held with disappointment. I thought he would come yet least i hoped.

“Any problem, dear” my dad glanced at me. I nodded and left the counter. I picked up my bicycle and paddled it to my school. I parked it in the parking lot and walked to out place. From the distance I saw Neal, in his black jeans and white shirt. His black hair was neatly combed and his glasses brand new. He was the same guy who told me to stand up from his bench on the first day but later things changed when we became friends.

Right next to him was Damon wearing in his navy blue jeans and white shirt. He is handsome, with chubby cheeks but everyone avoids him as he has trouble in speaking correctly and everyone makes fun of him. Cole was an exception though; he is one of the football players of the school and handsome with chocolate brown hair and muscular body. But he still wants to help us in this campaign. He wore his light blue jeans with white shirt.

And there, in the centre of them, was Abby, wearing in her navy blue jeans and white shirt. She stood there playing with her black hair. I couldn’t believe when she asked us to become friends. She is so much fun to live with. She always supported me very time and took care of me. She always made me laugh and even though few of them used to play pranks on us, we didn’t mind them.

I remember the day when she told me the reason of her hatred towards me on first day. She used to have a best friend named Kiara, who was simple and shy. All used to make pranks on her and humiliated her. The ‘it’ girls always teased her. And finally she couldn’t bear them and committed suicide. From that day onwards she hated every ‘it’ girl and even those who were probably going to join them. She thought that I would join them but when she heard about my first prank she realized that I am not one of them.

They all turned to my direction and waved at me. I waved them back and started walking towards them. I realized them, how much I changed with these people. I began to live my life here. And now we decided to do this campaign.

“So, are you ready?” Abby asked me. I took out my brown jacket, revealing myself in black jeans that came up to my knees and white shirt. Everyone has to wear the white shirt to look as a team.