Epilogue

The final chapter......... :(

Edward Wilson:

"They are ready, Edward," I turned away from the window to see Jenny standing at the doorway holding a small baby wrapped in a pink cloth in her arms. I nodded and turned back to the window. I heard the closing of the door and again focused outside.

It's beautiful outside, sunny with the new leaves springing out on the trees. It's greenery everywhere with the spring just left and summer entered into our lives. Summer... My baby.

I sighed and took the black suit from the arm of the chair. Swiftly, I wore the suit and went to the closet. I opened the safe cabin where I kept all the legal documents along with one important letter. A letter from Summer.

I slipped it into my shirt's pocket and closed. After taking a long breath, I walked out of the room to the place where everyone were waiting for me. As I reached outside, I saw everyone standing next to their cars. There was no sound coming from them except the chattering of the kids. I saw Jay looking somewhere lost while Jess stood next to him. I saw Jenny standing next to our car giving me an slight smile which I gave her back. I saw the rest of the family members as they hurried to their cars. But there is one person missing... Austin.

"Where is Austin?" I asked Jenny as we entered the car. For a moment she didn't say anything. I could hear the moans of the small girl who is sleeping in her arms and the silent breathing of a five year old boy behind me in the passenger seat.

"He's with Summer," she sighed and I nodded. Where else he can at this time. We all started our cars and reached our destination... The Church.

I watched as everyone stepped out of their cars and walked inside the Church. The atmosphere is tensed and silent as everyone were walking in their black attire. Summer won't be happy with this but these are rules and they can't be broken. I felt a hand over mine when I realized that I was gripping the wheel tightly. She gave a gentle squeeze on my hands and I heard her calling the boy's name and got out of the car.

I waited until everyone went inside and stepped out of the car. The air is cool but the sun is quite harsh. Ignoring the sun's heat that is burning now on my back, I walked into the Church. The moment I reached the door and opened it, everyone stopped talking and remained silent. Summer would have laughed at this situation. She always finds it funny when people try to act. I shook my head smilingly and walked up to Jenny who sat next to Jay and Jess. Their twin's Ryan and Cole were on sitting next to them, whispering among themselves. I turned my head to the left to see Austin sitting all alone with his boy, Alex sitting on his lap and Rose in his arms.

I knew this day would soon come but it came a little early than we thought. Five years has passed since the day when I gave away Summer to Austin. Five years of amazing life... I won't regret of today because five years back I never knew that Summer will find the happiness when her fate was already written. Now when I look at what she had.... A lovingly husband who never left her place and her two children, Alex and Rose who are her life, I believe she had an amazing life. A life filled with laughter, love and happiness which she deserved it.

She always told me that when the time comes when she has to leave us, it would be with happiness not with tears. A promise that I given her, which I will hold on to it.

"They are calling you," Jenny words brought me back to the present state. Giving her an assuring smile, I walked up to the podium.

As I turned back, I saw people, who valued a lot for Summer were present today. They are waiting for me.... Waiting for the father of Summer. When I look at them, I knew that they miss her the same way as we do.