Chapter 8

Just Wish on a Star(8)

Chapter 8

Brett's POV:

After Club Red, I "guarded" Taylor as she walked to her hotel. We were spending the night, then driving to the next stop tomorrow. Taylor was bouncing as she told me about the 3 girls that she just fell in love with. She traded phone numbers with them so they could keep in touch. She seemed so happy. I was happy for her. We went to get ice cream and it was so good. Braums has the BEST ice cream. Right as we were finishing the ice cream we got to the hotel.

Taylor's POV:

Brett and I got ice cream after Club Red then went to the hotel. We watched Pitch Perfect (while we died laughing watching it) then went to bed. Tomorrow we are driving to the next stop. So far the tour has been amazing. I have a couple of award shows coming up, and I'm going to visit ABC's the Voice to say hi, finish the tour, then work on my new album. Hopefully I will keep dating Brett so no recent break up songs are on there, but you never know.

Brett seems different to me. I don't think he would break up with me. I can see a future with him. Hopefully he can too.

Brett's POV:

I love Taylor. I don't want anyone else to hurt her. She is starting to think she is the problem. But she's not. All those guys just weren't for her. But I think I am. I wonder if she can see me as a husband or just another boyfriend who will break her heart. I hope not. She is too good of a girl to be hurt countless times like she is.

My thinking was interrupted when I heard a guitar being played from her room. I went and knocked, but she didn't hear me so I came in. She was playing a song I'd never heard before. I realized she was probably writing one, so I decided to leave, but she saw me first.

"Hey Brett," she said sort of startled.

"I'm sorry I was just checking on you. I'll leave now," I said.

"No that's fine. Stay. Please," she said.

So I sat down on the couch in front of her bed.

She was singing about Harry. I could tell.

Taylor's POV:

Brett walked in while I was writing a song. It is about Harry when he was pressuring me, you know, do it. It about me thinking maybe I shouldn't have gotten stuck in this. It had close to the same story as "I Knew You Were Trouble" but a different opinion. It is saying I shouldn't have been there. I should have been watching out. And protecting myself. It wasn't very good yet but it was ok. I was crying by the end. Brett pulled my guitar from my hands, put it away and hugged me. He then tucked me in and left. I fell asleep and forgot the world after that.