Chapter 4- Desire

I silently stood in the trees, pushing branches aside to peer through. A soft wind whistled behind me and carried with it a familiar scent.

"You should not be here, Bella," Edwards voice rang out from behind me. I growled at him slightly and turned my attention back the front door of the drearier school building. The cold brick walls seemed to radiate a forbidden feeling, and it felt wrong to be here. Whether that was from the school itself or just my subconscious giving me a hint, I had no idea. Whatever it was, I ignored it and crouched lower to move closer. Cars surrounded the school in anxious anticipation for the end of the day. Parents were standing outside each others cars making small talk with one another and watching the door stealthily, prepared to grab their kid and bolt out of the parking lot to beat the traffic. I prayed that none of them were Lexi's parents. I just needed a glimpse of her. Then we could go home the Renesmee.

Hmmm? Strange, how the name seemed to carry a little less wait. I still felt the aching desire to return home and hold her in my arms, but it was split with another desire to charge into the building and demand to see Lexi.

My thoughts were suddenly interrupted by a shrill ringing coming from the school building. As I listened to the distinct sound of chairs scraping against the floor, Edward came to stand beside me. I wasn't a mind reader like him, but from the look in his eyes, I knew that he would help me through this how ever he could...

It still wasn't enough.

The parents continued to talk amongst themselves, acting as if they hadn't notice the sound of the bell. However, I saw all of them slyly reach into their coat pockets and tightly grip the keys to their varies cars. An efflux of students swarmed from the building and congested all the major traffic points in the small parking lot. The exodus had begun.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As the next to last car left the parking lot, Edward had still not signaled to me that he saw Lexi. I was beginning to worry. What if Lexi was home sick, what if she never came to school and skipped, what if Edward had seen her and just hadn't told me. I couldn't believe Edward would do that to me again, but the thought remained in me mind. Growing stronger every minute to the point when I would have to say it out loud. The words began to form on my tongue, but dissipated when Edward became stiff.

"She is coming."

I peered at the door and waited with bated breath. 

 I was alert to every sound. Every rustle of the tree, every thump of a foot, every breath, every creature was under my constant surveillance. I couldn't afford to let anything escape my notice as my daughter left the premises. The only thing messing with my concentration was Edwards subtle pull on my sleeve. As we watched, his pull grew stronger and stronger and built to the point where he would have ripped the sleeve.

"Rip that sleeve, Edward," I whispered through the tiny opening in the side of my mouth, "And you'll have more then Alice to answer to." My threat seemed to carry little weight since he actually did begin to rip it. My head spun around to hiss and tell him off, when his eyes locked onto the front door and a high pitched squeak of a door rang through the lot.

The whole world seemed to slow and stop as I turned toward the door. Coming out, was... Me. No, not me, but still me. It was almost an exact replica of my face. The same nose, same shaped eyes, same... everything. Even down to the disproportions of my top and bottom lip. Her skin was a smooth, tan with pink splashed in. Her eyes, as Edward had said, were a brilliant green that shown out from her irises and into my soul. She was still dressed in her uniform, but it became her stunningly. The black sweater clinging closely to her 24-inch waist (approximately). The green plaid skirt hung two inches above her knees and the knee-socks hugged her well-developed thighs. On her shoulder was a huge Vera Bradly tote bag that contained different splashes of greens and blues. Peeking out the top were the spines of a few random textbooks. On her elbow rode the purple pattern of a Coach bag. Her hair was up in a sort of messy bun.

She gently put her stuff down on the wall outside her school and sat down, waiting for her ride. The wind blew freely through the lot and played with little wisps of hair escaping from her bun. After fruitlessly tucking them behind her ears, she pulled her hair-tie loose and let her gorgeous dark brown locks blow in the wind. The soft waves flowed effortlessly past her shoulders and down to the small of her back. When her hair blew up, I caught the tiny shimmer of diamond studs poking out in her ears.

Thats her

I couldn't open my mouth to speak, so I took my sheild down and used my quitest thoughts to talk to Edward.

She's beautiful, she looks exactly like me.

Edward nodded and his breathing picked up. We stared at her for a full ten minutes until her ride showed up in a snow white cadillac. Her smile expanded to twice its normal size and made my heart throb with pleasure and want. Gracefully, she opened the back door to the car and dumped her bags and purse on the seat. She opened the passenger door in the front and climbed inside. The motor of the car purred silently as it was reved and seamlessly pulled away from the curb.

My eyes narrowed as the car entered the traffic of the freeway. I crouched down and leaped to the nearest tree to follow them. I heard Edward sigh exhasberatedly on the ground before he to jumped into the tree. 

"I know what you are going to do Bella." His soft voice carried forward as I prepared to leap across the highway. I quickly snapped my sheild back up and growled behind me. 

Two vampires followed a snow white cadillac down the road with two different motives. One to aquire and one to defend.