[3]

I hate being indirect.

•*•*•*•*•

I understand that being direct could be hard sometimes, but being indirect is not always the best way to go either.

If you're trying really hard to send a signal without actually sending a signal, just send the damn signal.

It's kind of hard to explain this on my own, but I hope most of you get what I mean.

Hypothetical:

Person #1 wants to give a high-five to Person #2, but Person #2 is talking to Person #3.
Person #1 doesn't want to interrupt their conversation, so Person #1 stands by Person #2 with their hand up for a high-five.
Person #1 stands there for a good five minutes, and Person #2 doesn't even high-five Person #1, even after noticing.

If you're going to waste so much time just to get a high-five, why can't you just ask for a high-five to save your time?

*If you somehow got confused by my hypothetical because of the names, replace them with actual names.
And if someone has a better explanation, comment it, so I can replace my explanation :P*

If you add enough layers to this situation, then it's acceptable to be indirect.

Like, if Person #1 was a mute, then I guess it would make sense if they couldn't be direct about their high-five.
Then again, if they were a mute, they could tap on #2's shoulder while holding up their hand, implying that they wish to be high-fived.

Anyways, this has been difficult to explain, but I hope most understood my nonsense.

High-five (*^ ^*)/
please don't leave me hanging
I don't want to be Person #1