Chapter Three--London

Shawn Spencer bounced out of the airplane after enduring a fourteen hour flight sitting next to Lassiter. Quite frankly, it had not been fun. Lassie was annoying enough when he wasn’t especially mad at Shawn. He grabbed Gus’s arm, causing him to look up from his London A to Z book, and smiled. “London, Gus. We’re in London. And we succeeded in annoying Lassie!”

    Gus just nodded as Lassiter came up behind and said, “Get your luggage, and then stay away from me for the rest of the trip.”

    They suffered through the baggage claim and walked towards the exit, Lassiter trying to keep as much distance as possible and Shawn pointedly ignoring him. Shawn scanned the crowd, looking for Lassie’s British detective friend. He finally found him, guessing by his clothes, the way he held himself, and the imprint of where a gun would usually be. Grinning, he put a hand to his head and told Lassiter, “This way!”

    Lassiter rolled his eyes before he too caught sight of Lestrade. “Fine. Come on.”

    Greg Lestrade grinned when he saw them. “Carlton! Great to see you. And who are they?” He gestured to Shawn and Gus.

    “This is--”

    Shawn grinned and cut Lassiter off. “Shawn Spencer, psychic detective. This is my partner, Eustace Scrubb.”

    Gus sighed. “Burton Guster, actually. Call me Gus.”

    Lestrade raised an eyebrow slightly and offered a hand to shake. “Detective Inspector Greg Lestrade, pleasure to meet you.”

    Accepting the offered hand, Gus nodded. “You too.”

    Shawn put his hand to his head again. “How’s the robbery case going?”

    Lestrade paused slightly, glancing at Lassiter questioningly before looking back at Shawn. “Well. Very well.”

    Lassiter rolled his eyes. “Ignore him.” He looked around for a moment. “Any good places to eat around here?”

    “Depends what you like.” The detective inspector shrugged and began to walk. “Chinese?”

    “Sounds good.” Without looking to Shawn and Gus for confirmation, he followed Lestrade out of the airport and out onto the sidewalk.

    Lestrade hailed a cab and climbed in, telling the driver their destination and sitting down. He turned to Shawn. “Psychic, you said?”

    Shawn nodded earnestly while Lassiter slouched backwards with a sigh. “Yep. I sense things.” There was a pause. “How’s the mother?”

     “Fine.” Lestrade clenched his jaw and looked to Gus. “Eustace, was it?”

    Gus sighed. “Burton Guster. Shawn likes to do that. You can call me Gus.”

    “Any particular reason for accompanying Carlton?” The British man looked over at his old friend.

    “No, not really!” Shawn said cheerily. “Always wanted to see London, though. Thought we may as well come.”

    The cab arrived at the Chinese place and Lestrade climbed out. “There may or may not be some…colleagues of mine meeting us here. One’s a real nice bloke, but just don’t make the other one mad.”

    Lassiter sighed again. “Spencer excels at making people mad.”

    Shawn faked looking offended. “Hey!”

    “Then try not to be stupid.” Lestrade zipped up his jacket.

    “He excels at that, too.”