Chapter Four--They Meet Again

Shawn Spencer paced the hotel room in frustration. “There was a crime, Gus! A murder! I’m not used to leaving those alone!”

    Gus was sitting on a chair reading. “We’re in another country. Lassie doesn’t have any jurisdiction whatsoever. It’s not our place.”

    “But, Gus, I can’t stand not doing anything!”

    “You’re going to have to.”

    Shawn grinned as he held up a street map as he ran out of the room. “No, I’m not.”

    “Shawn! Shawn, you can’t just-” Gus sighed. “Now I’m going to have to follow him.”

    The psychic detective was waiting just outside the door. “Ha! Knew you’d come with! Now, come on!” He paused for a moment. “Do you have to hail taxis differently? Like, I don’t know, wave a flag or something?”

    “Honestly, Shawn. Use your brain.”

    Shawn waved at a taxi, affecting a terrible British accent. “Oi, taxi!” Gus elbowed him sharply and opened the door.

    “Where to?” the cabbie asked.

    Shawn paused. “Um…”

    “You don’t know?” Gus hissed, turning aside from the cabbie.

    “Hadn’t thought that far ahead! Think, Shawn, think!” he said, thankfully dropping the accent. He looked around before spotting flashing lights. He turned to the cabbie again. “That way! Towards the sirens and lights and stuff!”

    The cabbie raised his eyebrows but drove them to the crime scene. “You two detectives or something?”

    “Or something,” Shawn agreed while Gus paid and thanked the cabbie. “Behind that pillar, Gus!” He pulled Gus over to a large column and stood behind it.

    Sherlock was glancing around, talking in a very low, rapid voice when he heard the distinctive American accent of the very annoying, slightly short psychic detective. He turned to Lestrade quickly. “I told you to keep the Americans out of this.”

    Lestrade looked confused, gesturing around. “I did.”

    Sherlock sighed, stalking over to the column where Shawn’s foot was showing slightly. “Obviously….not.” He reached back and took Gus by the arm, yanking him out into sight none too gently.

    “Hello,” Shawn said cheerfully as Gus glared at him. “We’re here to...oh, it’s you.”

    “Yes, me.” Sherlock glared at him too, releasing Gus’s arm with a sarcastically apologetic look . “Who else?”

    “I was kind of hoping for some random person I could fake our way past but...why are you guys looking at me like that?” Shawn asked, actually surprised.

    “Because your friend here actually has some sense.” Sherlock rolled his eyes, looking to Gus. “I’m assuming you didn’t want to come?”

    “Not exactly, no,” Gus said reluctantly as Shawn processed what Sherlock had said.

    “I have sense, too! I’ve solved dozens of crimes!” Shawn said defensively. “Now let’s see the scene...if we’re allowed.” He smiled slyly.

    Sherlock made a noise of disapproval and shook his head. “Not allowed, officials only.”

    “Like that’ll stop me.” He looked Sherlock up and down. “You’re an ‘official?’”