Chapter Fifteen--Rescued

Shawn groaned as he turned around. “Not you again.”

    “Yes, me. Again,” the black-haired woman said rather sassily.

    Sherlock sighed and pulled the guard’s gun off of his belt. “Go away.”

    She pulled out her own gun. “Here we are again, Sherlock. And you’re calling me predictable.” She smirked. “I knew you’d come back for him.”

    “Oh, congratulations.” Sherlock snorted, lowering his gun slowly.

    “Thank you,” the woman said, smiling widely. “By the way, you can call me...Reine. I like that name. Reine.”

    Sherlock rolled his eyes, walking slowly towards her. “Queen in French. Could have been a bit more imaginative.”

    “Oh, I suppose, but now when you want to talk to me you have to call me queen,” she said sweetly. “I like that.”

    The British detective looked to Shawn, rolling his eyes, still advancing slowly. “Not happening.”

    “Fine. What about Mirette? I believe it means admirable,” the woman told him, looking around the room as if for inspiration.

    “Would it be that much trouble to just tell your real name?” Sherlock motioned behind his back at Shawn and Jules for them to get out.

    She sighed dramatically. “Well, it wouldn’t be trouble, per se. But then you could track me down.”

    Behind Sherlock, Jules and Shawn started edging towards the exit, both hoping to avoid the woman’s notice.

    “I still can.” Sherlock shook his head in mock disdain, taking a few steps closer to the woman to keep her eyes on him. “Wouldn’t be too difficult, really.”

    “Fine then. It’s Lili. With an i,” she specified.

    Sherlock rolled his eyes, stepping a bit closer. “As if it matters how you spell it. You been on that grapefruit diet long? It isn’t working, I’m afraid.”

    “It matters to me. No one ever spells it right.” Lili glared rather pointedly at Sherlock. “And I didn’t ask you, did I?”

    The British detective laughed out loud, stepping up right in front of her and silently wanting to yell at Shawn for being so slow. “As if I would ever care to diet, that’s my brother’s favourite pastime, not mine.”

    Lili looked him up and down. “You don’t need dieting.”

    “Are you flirting with me?”

    Shawn and Jules slipped out when Sherlock got closer, then began to run as they got out of sight.

    Sherlock glanced over his shoulder to see them gone before looking back at Lili passively. “Sorry,” he stated sarcastically before slamming his gun into the side of her head and sprinting after Shawn and Jules.

    Jules smiled slightly when she saw him. “How’d you get rid of her?”

    Sherlock held up his gun and looked over his shoulder. “We should hurry.”

    “Still no nerve pinch?” Shawn looked slightly disappointed.

    The consulting detective held the gun up to his mouth again to silence Shawn. “Let’s get moving.”

    “You know, you’re awfully careless with that gun,” Jules chided.

    Sherlock nodded, glancing over his shoulder and scratching his head absently with the weapon’s barrel. “Least of my problems,” he monotoned, beginning to walk.