First Day of School

Lilly's Pov

I'm dressed in purple jeans, a pink coat, and boots, and I get on the bus going to school. I sit next to Brynn who holds my hand tightly. "Just be yourself," she says, and I nod. Everyone gets off the bus, and Brynn then leaves me to join a group of much older girls, and I smile at her standing in the doorway of the bus blocking the others. "Hello? Excuse me," a blonde girl behind me says. I turn around, and say nervously, "Oh sorry." They roll their eyes at me. "Who is she?" "Who cares?" "Who starts school on a Friday," She and two other girls say as they walk towards the building. I follow them slowly, and I wish I wasn't already known as the weird new girl.

I walk into the new classroom, and I can't help but notice the three girls who are whispering and looking at me. "Guys, Lilly decided to start school on a Friday because we're celebrating Valentine's day," Mr. Kremer says putting his arm around me. "We're going to passing around Valentines all day!" I look at the three girls who are all beaming at him. "Yes sir!!" they say. Mr. Kremer hands me a handmade mailbox. "So Lilly, tell us about yourself." Before I could say something, the blonde girl says, "So you're actually Maya Hart's new sister?" and she looks at me like she's testing me. "Um yes," I say. And everyone starts whispering. "Me and my sister Brynn were adopted last month." "Oh really?" the blonde girl asks, and when the teacher looks away, she mouths "ew" to the other girls nastily. She starts writing like she's taking notes. "Now why don't you take a seat here," and he points to the table with the three girls, and my smile fades. "This is Alexus, Ava and Arianna." I say Hello, but they ignore me. The blonde girl, Alexus, chatters and gossips with the two other girls.

I fill my lunch tray, and I search the cafeteria for somewhere to sit. There's no where for me to sit. I spot Brynn, but she's sitting with a group of girls chatting excitedly. When I hear a voice, "Hey look Ari, there's your lunch buddy, haha, she has nowhere to sit," and I look and Alexus, Ava and Ari are laughing and looking at me. I'm not only hurt, but embarrassed so I turn away and walk slowly looking for somewhere else to sit. And I find a blonde girl with bushy short hair, and she's awfully skinny. She looks up, and I sit down next to her. "Hi! You're in my class, aren't you?" I ask. She starts picking up her lunch tray. "Um yeah. I'm finished. I have to go," she says and walks away. And I sit there, tears filling my eyes. Nobody likes me.

I run out the bus trying not to slip on the snow. "Brynn!" I say when I see my sister. "How'd you do?" I ask. "Good how about you?" She says. "Good," I lie. I grab her hand, but she lets it go. "No more holding hands anymore, you're not five," she says. "Hi Brynn," Alexus says coming out of nowhere. "Heard you're new." Peyton and Ari start laughing, and Alexus joins them on the bus. "Don't trust them Brynn," I say seriously. "Don't be such a drama queen," Brynn says. "Eliana! Eliana!," Ava shouts. "Eliana, I love your hat," Ari says. "Eliana, I can't believe you have that outfit," Alexus says. Eliana looks humiliated, and she goes to sit in the back of the bus. Alexus, Ava, and Ari make the loser sign laughing and sticking their tongues. "Oh Ellie, she's such a loser!" I hear Alexus say.