Auggie

Lilly's Pov

Riley, Maya Brynn, and I are all sitting in the bay window. Riley says, "I think of this as a personal challenge issued by Missy Bradford to grow up, and to grow up fast. So what do I do? Maya says, "Missy Bradford has decided to grow up fast. That has nothing to do with you." Riley says, "I don't know. I just, I don't want him with her. Am I jealous?" Maya says, "You wouldn't know how to be jealous." Farkle pops up from the window, "Hello, ladies," he says coming in. Riley says, "Farkle, you were out there?" Farkle says, "I'm always out there." Riley says, "Farkle, you're the biggest flirt in seventh grade." Farkle says, "Why, thank you." Riley says, "Can you teach me how to flirt with Lucas?Farkle says, " I would do whatever you asked me." Maya says, "But I thought you loved her." Farkle says, "I love both of you. I want you happy." Farkle is Maya and Riley's loyal friend who loves both of them equally. He's also a crazy genius.

I walk out of the room, and meet Auggie.. "Hey Lilly," he says. "Hi Auggie," I say. "Wanna make paper airplanes?" "Sure!" I exclaim so we make paper airplanes and color them and fly them around the house, and then it's time to go home. Maya, Brynn, and I go home to our apartment. "Hey," Mom says. "I got a letter from your father," she says cautiously, and Maya looks down. "I don't want to read it," she says. Brynn and I looked at each other confused. "Maya's father left us when she was your age," Mom says to me. "Oh, I'm sorry," I say grabbing Maya's hand. She squeezes it. Her voice cracks, "It's alright." "So anything happen at school today?" Mom asks. "Matthews failed me," Maya says. "Oh honey," Mom says. "I've been practicing my solo Diamond in the Rough for the competition this weekend" Brynn says changing the subject. Brynn dances on the elite competition team, and I'm on the mini competition team. "That's great!" Maya and her mom both say.

The next day, Auggie and I walk to school in the snow. "Hey Auggie," Alexus says stepping in between Auggie and me, flipping her air. "Would you put my boots away for me?" she asks batting her eye lashes. "Of course, Alexus," he says, and my heart breaks. Would he do the same for me? I decide to tell him, "Auggie, that makes me feel bad." Auggie looks at me. "That hurts my heart that it made ou feel bad." And I smile and we hold hands as we walk into the second grade classroom. Auggie puts Alexus's boots next to his cubby. He then grabs my hand. "Her boots mean nothing to me." At recess we play Star Wars, and he makes me the princess.

"Hey Lilly!"Alexus says, and I look at her. "I expect to win this," she says, and she strides out on stage and performs her solo. She dances beautifully and gracefully, I watch her body flow as she does everything flawless. She strides off the stage, and it's my turn. I go on stage and start dancing, when all of a sudden, I stop, and I freeze, pretending to forget my solo, and then I continue but I'm off, and I end up facing the wrong direction. "Way to go Lilly," Abby says sarcastically, and I walk sulkily to the locker rooms where Alexus meets me. "Good choice," she says and walks away.