Choose

Lilly's Pov

It's New Years Eve, and I found out that Maya likes Lucas and so does Riley, but nobody knows that except for me. I set next to Charlie. I say, "Everybody's with someone, huh?" "Yeah," Charlie says. I say, "You know what? his is the first New Years I ever made it to midnight." Charlie says, " Congratulations." Everyone counts down, and Farkle shouts, "Riley still loves Lucas." Everyone is in shock, and Riley says, "Happy New Year." Farkle says, " 'm sorry, guys. I did the right thing. I hope you can forgive me. Happy New Year." Maya awkwardly says, "It's midnight." "Here we are," Riley says..

The next day, I'm on my computer watching the dance videos and critiquing myself when I see comments such as, "Lilly sucks, she's such a spazz," "Heard she's anorexic. She doesn't look anorexic," "she's too short." I slam the computer shut. I'm only 8 years old, and I don't deserve this. I'm tired of people picking on me and hurting me. I climb into Auggie's room, and there's Ava. They're playing Monopoly together. "I want you to buy me a house, and a car!!!" Ava says. "I'm trying," Auggie says. "Auggie! We're engaged!!!" I exclaim, and Auggie jumps around. Ava is smirking at me. "Do I really have to choose?" Auggie says. "Yes!!" Ava and I exclaim. "I like both of you, but I don't want to hurt you," Auggie says. "Choose! I know you like me more!" Ava says. "No, he likes me!!" I say. "Ladies! Calm down, I don't want to ruin our friendship," Auggie says. Ava looks at me and scoffs, "We have no friendship."

Maya and Riley are babysitting me today. I know what Auggie likes about her. She has curly hair, she dressed like a princess, but I know he's into more tomboyish girls. So I'll be that. I grab the shaver, and I pull a side of my hair back. I turn on the shaver, and the door opens. It's Maya and Riley, they gasp. "What are you doing?" Maya asks, and Riley grabs the shaver out of my hands. "Getting a buzzcut!" I say. "You're hair is so beautiful just the way it is!!" Maya says. "Don't do stuff like that without permission!" "Fine!" I say. Riley guides me out of the bathroom, and I go into my closet and pick out a leather jacket, leggings, boots, and I put my hair in pigtails. I go into Auggie's room. "Hey Auggie Doggie," I say trying to pose and sound cool. "What the?" Auggie says. "I know, let's play cars!!!!" I shout like a boy. "Okay," Auggie says, and we play cars, but then Ava comes in. "Hey Auggie,look at my knew dress!" she says twirling gracefully. "Oh Ava it's beautiful!" Auggie says. "It suits you nicely." I look down, and I walk out of the room. "Lilly!" Auggie says, but I keep walking. "Brynn can you help me put on makeup?" Brynn nods, and I tell her what I want, and she puts red lipstick on me, eyeliner, blush, mascara, eyeshadow, and I thank her, and walk into my room looking for my prettiest dress when Riley and Maya come in. "Just checking up- whoa!!" Maya says when she sees me. "Lilly, what is this?" Riley asks. "I-I want Auggie to like me and choose me," I say sadly. Riley wraps her arms around me. "Lilly, just be yourself, he'll choose you because he likes you for who you are," she says. "Yeah, and if he doesn't choose you, it's his loss," Maya says. "I just don't want Ava to be his. She's not right for him," I say. Riley pulls me into her lap and says, "He's my little brother, he shouldn't be choosing between two little girls, I'll talk to him later." "Thanks Riley," I say. "What about you, Maya  and Lucas?" Riley and Maya look at each other. "He hasn't chosen yet," Riley says. "But when he does, we'll still be friends," Maya says. "No matter what."